Wyred4Sound mAMP vs. D-Sonic M3-600M-A. Which one sounds better?

Quiet Earth

Who has heard both the W4S mAMP and the D-Sonic M3-600?

Which mono block sounds better in your opinion? Are they more similar than different, or is the Abletec board a real step up from the ICE?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  :)

cab

it's a real step up. The ice module is a prior generation of tech from the same designer.

loving_it

I had the mAmp's and I also heard the M3 , To me the W4S sounded better . More comes into play than just the module . Also W4S has awesome tech support and you can always reach them .

Not to toss another brand in the mix but I also had a  Peachtree220 and it sounded every bit as goodas the mAmp for less money

Quiet Earth

Thanks for the replies. One vote for D-sonic and one for Wyred. Perhaps they are more similar than different.

Maybe speaker selection has alot to do with which amp will ultimately sound better, or maybe the rest of the system breaks the tie. I noticed that the D-Sonic (600) has a much lower input impedance than the Wyred, so maybe that comes into play as well.

Anyway, it looks like most AC'ers are going for the Crown XLS or doing the DIY n-core thing. Those seem to be more popular.

Cheers!  :beer: