Trippin in Cali and a visit to VSA

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Trippin in Cali and a visit to VSA
« on: 17 Feb 2015, 10:40 pm »
Was fortunate during a brief time-out to visit VSA for the very first time!  I've known Albert as a friend and dealer for nearly 20 years and decided to visit him, on his turf. 
Imagine dropping into the Porsche mfg facility in Germany and spending time discussing the details of all things Porsche with the chief designer, engineer, assembling and quality control expert.  Such was the privilege I enjoyed during my brief visit at VSA.  This is Santa's workshop, where the magic begins!  Caps for some models as big as coke cans, platter sized crossover boards, drivers of all sizes, internal bracing, wiring and stuffing materials.  It truly was an "open house" visit and I can't imagine getting a tour like this from any other mfg, on such a personal level.  The quality of the parts used in comparison to the competitive brands at every price point is over the top.  If you wonder why speakers sound so different,,, look inside to find the reason.  Beautifully constructed cabinets do not equate to superior sound!  Neither does marketing propaganda! 
Every speaker model gets full attention during the build process and is released for shipping once it clears the final instrument test!  And that would be Albert's ears! 
I cant describe completely how wonderful my visit was, with Albert, Devon and Paul.  What a great team assembled.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: Trippin in Cali and a visit to VSA
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2015, 10:46 pm »
and wanted to add a thank you to Albert and team for being such wonderful hosts.  I'm hoping to get to the Newport Show and support VSA and hang out awhile! 

My V55's will be arriving next month and I CANT WAIT!

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2015, 01:19 am »
I must go do this soon. 

I was just looking at plane tickets and it is fairly reasonable right now to fly there.

The VR-55's are high on my priority list.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2015, 02:07 am »
Southwest Air to the Ontario Airport gets you there on the cheap (relative)!  The 55's are set up in the front room driven by the same electronics used at RMAF.  Enjoy Brutha!

Delacroix

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2015, 02:23 am »
Hey, we need a VSA Circle road trip to HQ.....with pictures!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2015, 03:43 am »
I'm in, P!!

JackD201

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2015, 04:31 am »
I'll be in LA in May :)

RafD

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2015, 04:37 am »
I'll be in Portland, OR in may... :D

JackD201

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2015, 12:40 pm »
I'll be in Portland, OR in may... :D

I can smell the smoke (gun smoke that is) already :)

Raf see you next Thursday!

gammajo

« Reply #9 on: 20 Feb 2015, 12:25 am »
Just returned form my visit with Albert and team and agree with all jab's comments - better than Christmas and seeing Santa and his elves!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2015, 03:03 am »
Way to go Brutha!  Had my first In & Out Burger while out there too!  Perfect!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #11 on: 20 Feb 2015, 01:36 pm »
I gotta tell ya, I've never been able to pitch the boxes/crates my VSA speakers have arrived in, over the past couple of decades!  Every time I sell my demo's, I always feel fortunate I resisted the urge to discard the shipping container.  Hell, I've outfitted overhead and side wall racks in my garage to store the empty crates so as not to take up valuable home/garage floor space!
That said, the ONLY reason I am saving the crates my 55's will be delivered in is to make them easier to move safely in the event I lose my hearing, or worse.  The 55's are keepers!  Jack