Avalons.

electricbear

Avalons.
« on: 20 Sep 2004, 04:52 pm »
Just for the record , the store does not sell nor represent Avalon in anyway. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.
 Avalon Acoustics is one company that has their act together. From the moment you see the packing case that the speakers come in to the hand signed hard bound owners manual you know that you have something special. The finish on the speaker cabinets is first class, finally a speaker that my wife finds attractive, a novel concept to most. Although requiring considerable run in, patience is well rewarded . They sound very transparent , never getting in the wayof the music . Depth of soundstage was very good even before break in occurred. This was something that I always struggled with even when I had B&W802Ns. Bass is tight and well defined, not over extended or boomy. After full break in has occurred I'll have you guys over as time allows. :D

steve k

Avalons.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2004, 05:22 pm »
Outstanding! Congratulations.
steve k

DeadFish

Avalons.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2004, 07:12 pm »
Excellent for you!

Nothing like something *new* and *exciting* to make you feel 'renewed' in this hobby  
Must be endorphins or something, but I think I could hear it in your typing...heheh

Looking forward to the listen!  
I tried doing a search; which model did you get?  
(I'm probably doing more frontal-lobe flatulence here, with the answer right in front of me glaring...)

Happy listening!

DF

electricbear

Avalons.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2004, 08:12 pm »
They are Avalon Ascendents. I'd love to get further up the line but I'd also like to remain married. :lol:

DeadFish

Avalons.
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2004, 09:03 pm »
Ah, the Ascendants look lovely.

I understand about wanting to stay married...
With the marvelous heart that our wives are 'allowing' us to chase our passions, it is perfectly understandable to reign them in once in a while.
( I *really* don't know how mine puts up with me, 'cept we dance more...)
I hope your dear Mrs. is able to enjoy them with you.

Looking forward to a squink of a listen sometimes.

Regards,
DF

Grendel4

Congratulations on the new speakers
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2004, 01:24 am »
(In a very english voice) You know Tim, the avalons are known the world over........................as being.............................secon d to none.

I hope you enjoy (enjaaaaaaaaaay in st louisese) your new speakers. Don't forget I'll be in town the entire week of thanksgiving, and I'd love to hear them. I'll also put in a few hours at the store on friday. Cheers,

Stephen