NAT Audio Power Conditioner

bonzo75

NAT Audio Power Conditioner
« on: 25 Dec 2014, 09:43 pm »
Has anyone tried and A/Bed the NAT Audio Power conditioner? I have heard it in a system but never ABed it, and wanted to check as I like their pre and power amps

http://www.nataudio.com/products/all.../31-xenon.html

It's a Serbian translation " It contains special tube that has almost ZERO voltage drop inside a bulb no matter of power consumption! So if a system consumes for example 500VA (W) and “goes” (during a high dynamic passage) to 1000VA (W) or higher, voltage drop inside a bulb will be approx. the same as before (ZERO). Also there is no any electromagnetic radiation like in a transformer type of conditioners! There is also no voltage drop as in with transformer – so more dynamics for the system (for “music”) over filtration. Medium inside a bulb contains plasma that in conjunction with the rest of filtration circuit act as approx. limitless power filter! For the reference information, tube 5545 may give at peak 80A of current – means by mathematical calculation over 18.400 VA (W) of peak output power while sub-peak for 0.1sec.(over 10Hz) it is huge 1.120A – equal to 257.600 VA (W) of peak power output – it is over 250kVA (kW)! With standard continuous power of over 2.500VA (W) there is a capability to supply with clean power almost any type of High-End system.
Tubes are by N.O.S. (new old stock) grade and have high reliability."

More in the link

audio.bill

Re: NAT Audio Power Conditioner
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2014, 12:13 am »
Looks like this may be very similar to the VH Audio Plasmatron http://www.vhaudio.com/plasmatron.html which has received some favorable reviews. Wonder how the pricing compares?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2014, 04:34 am »
I would do some serious searching on both of those products and the technology before investing any money in them.

bonzo75

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2014, 01:50 pm »
This seems to ionize the air. Does anyone know if it can have harmful effects on the health?

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2014, 03:40 pm »
If it does ionize the air, negavtive is safe, positive has a toxicity I belive.

nickd

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2014, 04:28 pm »
Not sure if available in the US? Website lists 220-240V input. The outputs look like Euro connectors too. That said The Symmetrical Balanced Line Stage is the best sounding tube pre I have ever had in my system. I bet it is an amazing filter. BUT here in Southern CA, The "space heater" effect would most likely result in use only 3-5 mo. during the year. I still want one! :lol:

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2014, 05:50 pm »
Why would a Thyratron (gas filled) vacuum tube ionize the air?
It's somewhat like a complicated Silicon Controlled Rectifier, but vacuum tube not solid-state.