Force hookup

oliverlim

Force hookup
« on: 15 Sep 2004, 05:54 pm »
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm a couple of things.

1.  Does the HT RCA input uses the crossover settings on the sub?  I will probably be using the speaker level input on the sub with a low crossover of about 40-50 hz. But would like to set my centre and surround to "small" and crossover at 80hz via my processor.  Is this workable?

2.  Is there a 240volts model?

3. How much would shipping cost to Singapore?

4. Do you have typical SPL levels at 20hz, 25hz etc etc? At 1m or in room?

Thanks!
Oliver

Mike Dzurko

Force hookup
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2004, 10:50 pm »
Oliver:

The Theater input does use the crossover settings on the sub, it does not use the volume settings, but is at full gain.

Yes, we have models available for overseas voltage including Singapore. In fact, we've shipped quite a few subs to the East in the last few months.

I don’t know what the shipping cost is, and we actually pay part of it to make it a little easier on our overseas customers. I'll ask someone in our shipping dept. to figure the price and post it here sometime tomorrow.

We don’t publish any SPL specs for our systems. There are two reasons for this: One is that there is a real lack of standards and unless everyone measures using the same protocall, the results can be quite confusing and even misleading. Second, we don’t feel that SPL specs alone are enough to tell how good a sub will sound.

Great questions, please feel free to keep asking. Will try to have that shipping quote posted sometime tomorrow.

oliverlim

Force hookup
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2004, 02:01 am »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Oliver:

The Theater input does use the crossover settings on the sub, it does not use the volume settings, but is at full gain.

Yes, we have models available for overseas voltage including Singapore. In fact, we've shipped quite a few subs to the East in the last few months.

I don’t know what the shipping cost is, and we actually pay part of it to make it a little easier on our overseas customers. I'll ask someone in our shipping dept. to figure the price and post it here sometime tomorrow.

W ...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick response.  Most of the current shipping REL models (I love REL subs by the way and am using one now) has a option to only use the crossover via the speaker level connection.  The reason being that you probably want to have a different crossover in music and HT. Is thre a way that the ACI subs can be configured the same way?  I currently cross over at the sub at about 40hz and forsee that I need that cross over in the aCI. But will want the cross over for HT at 80 hz.

Oliver

Mike Dzurko

Force hookup
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2004, 01:21 pm »
Quote from: oliverlim
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick response.  Most of the current shipping REL models (I love REL subs by the way and am using one now) has a option to only use the crossover via the speaker level connection.  The reason being that you probably want to have a different crossover in music and HT. Is thre a way that the ACI subs can be configured the same way?  I currently cross over at the sub at about 40hz and forsee that I need that cross over in the aCI. But will want the cross over for HT at 80 hz.

Oliver

Oliver:

At present, it is not possible to configure our subs in this manner. I'm checking with the OEM bulder of our amps to see if this is a possibility. Others have asked about this before and I want to thank you for bringing it up and "reminding me" I needed to makes some calls.

Rossd

• http://www.audioc.com
Re: Force hookup
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2004, 06:07 pm »
How much would shipping cost to Singapore?

Oliver,

ACI ships worldwide via UPS WW Express and offers this option at a discount.
UPS WW Express includes the brokerage fee, insurance, a tracking number and
about a 2-3 day delivery time. The discounted s/h for a Force to Singapore
is $150.00.

You may want to contact your local UPS or customs office to inquire about
any additional duties or taxes you may incur.

oliverlim

Force hookup
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2004, 01:19 am »
Thanks Ross.

Now I need Mike to confirm on the crossover question I had.  That is extremely key for me!  

Oliver

Mike Dzurko

Force hookup
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2004, 11:27 am »
Thanks Ross.

Now I need Mike to confirm on the crossover question I had.  That is extremely key for me!  

Oliver

Oliver:

Which question ? :)

oliverlim

Force hookup
« Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2004, 05:44 pm »
Mike,

This one!

"Most of the current shipping REL models (I love REL subs by the way and am using one now) has a option to only use the crossover via the speaker level connection. The reason being that you probably want to have a different crossover in music and HT. Is thre a way that the ACI subs can be configured the same way? I currently cross over at the sub at about 40hz and forsee that I need that cross over in the aCI. But will want the cross over for HT at 80 hz. "

:-)

Oliver

Mike Dzurko

Force hookup
« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2004, 05:30 pm »
Mike,

This one!

"Most of the current shipping REL models (I love REL subs by the way and am using one now) has a option to only use the crossover via the speaker level connection. The reason being that you probably want to have a different crossover in music and HT. Is thre a way that the ACI subs can be configured the same way? I currently cross over at the sub at about 40hz and forsee that I need that cross over in the aCI. But will want the cross over for HT at 80 hz. "

:-)

Oliver

Oliver:

At present, it is not possible to configure our subs in this manner. I'm checking with the OEM bulder of our amps to see if this is a possibility. Others have asked about this before and I want to thank you for bringing it up and "reminding me" I needed to makes some calls