BCD-1 Remote Control Unit

dgarratt

BCD-1 Remote Control Unit
« on: 11 Dec 2014, 11:53 pm »
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a second hand BCD-1 remote control unit primarily to control the volume on my BP-26. Today I noticed my BDP-2 also has a remote sensor and was wondering if there was any way to control the BDP with this particular remote control?

Thanks in advance, david-

So There

• Brystonized
Re: BCD-1 Remote Control Unit
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2014, 06:22 am »
I just checked my BR-2 remote control manual, and it lists the BCD-1 as one of the devices it controls, so it may be a better choice for you. The manual is on the Bryston site.

The BR2 provides limited control of my BDP-2. Frankly. it's more extensively controlled via the Manic Moose app on our iPad or iPhone.

Rich

dgarratt

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2014, 10:45 am »
Thanks Rick, I have a feeling after reviewing the manual for the BR-2 that you pointed out that maybe the BDP and the BCD-1 use the same remote codes. Reason being I can see from the manual that it can control the BDP and BCD-1 without having to program any special codes and because there is only one set of buttons for play, stop, pause etc maybe they use the same codes??

If anyone has a BR-2 plus a  BDP and BCD-1 it would be great if you could confirm this..If true I can be pretty sure that the BCD-1 remote control unit will be able to control the BDP.

cheers, david-

Wim J

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2014, 01:03 pm »
I have a BCD1 and a BDP1 and the BR2 controls both of them. No problem.
It also controls my BDA2 and BP26
To control the BDA2 and BDP1 you have to press the D/A button on the remote first. Then it is in BDP/BDA- mode
to control the BDC1 you first press the CD button on the remote. Then it is in CD- mode
To control the BP26 it doesn't matter in what mode you are.