Come on over to my place.... read inside....

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« on: 15 Sep 2004, 03:00 am »
Everyone,

I am 99.999999999% sure I am picking up the Butler Audio line of amps to complement my favorite Bel Canto stuff.  I want to be able to offer some choices in the mid - high end line of amplifiers just in case someone actually doesn't like the Bel Canto stuff... I can't imagine who wouldn't.... :)

Anyways, I have the A100 monoblocks coming in for a weekend audition this weekend to see if I want to order a pair to go along with the multichannel amps I have on order.  If anyone is interested in hearing them, let me know.

Carl,

We could try them out on your various speaker choices... but I think a $12K pair of amps on bookshelf speakers might be bit of overkill :) hehehe

I see that the audio crawl is this weekend... I know people may be busy... but if you don't have anything going on and want to have a quick listen, let me know....  I know what I'm doing this weekend :)

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2004, 10:39 am »
We could try them out on your various speaker choices... but I think a $12K pair of amps on bookshelf speakers might be bit of overkill  hehehe
How about on big floorstanders?  :wink:

I thought I was going to be wrapped up all weekend, but it may be clearing a bit.  Let me know if there is a particular window you and others may be listening.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2004, 02:26 pm »
Wow, a crawl AND a 'sit' in one weekend. ;)

My in-laws are in town this weekend so, the 25th is my only free time.

Congrats on the Butler gear.  It'd be interesting to hear some of the upper-end Usher's on it.

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2004, 05:05 pm »
Quote from: Inscrutable
We could try them out on your various speaker choices... but I think a $12K pair of amps on bookshelf speakers might be bit of overkill  hehehe
How about on big floorstanders?  :wink:

I thought I was going to be wrapped up all weekend, but it may be clearing a bit.  Let me know if there is a particular window you and others may be listening.

The Butlers are arriving today... so tomorrow will be listening time.  I also have a couple friends coming in on Sunday.  So the whole afternoon will be spent listening to these on the VR-4jrs :)

You're welcome anytime you want to stop over....  and if you want to hear them on the NHT's, we might be able to arrange something for Saturday evening :)

Shane