Complete Von Schweikert Home theater system. Need help with setup

Chrisandalex1

Thanks Robert,

I am really excited to get everything back and setup. 

I am told that my import/export company should have the speakers ready for pickup by Von Schweikert on Tuesday. 

Leif told me yesterday that he was going to get started on the subs right away.  I guess I am getting lucky and falling between a couple of big jobs. 

Party Time 

harley52

If your still in need of someone to set up your system I'd try Jim Smith. You can probably get in touch with him at 'getbettersound.com'. From what I've read and heard he is magical at his craft. He was, as of a couple years ago, available at about $1000 a day plus. Usually all he needs is one day.

Chrisandalex1

Thanks Harley52,

Emile from Audio by E is coming down to do the setup, and is also going to work with Albert and Leif at Von Schweikert on dialing in the speakers and subs. 

Emile is also the guy behind the Silenzio.  I am really stoked to have him involved, as I so look forward to learning from him.

If you haven't checked out the SIlenzio yet, everybody should. 

Here is some info on it:

Audio by E is proud to present the SilenZio AE-S2.5 high performance media server.

The SilenZio is the finest example of what a true media server can accomplish: ripping CDs, DVDs, and BDs (Blu-Ray Disc), playing back virtually any media in true bit perfection, and managing your entire database, all controlled from your iOS or Android device.

Completely passive, the SilenZio generates minimal heat and zero noise during normal use and playback. Zero fans. Zero spinning Hard Disk Drives (HDDs). The internal BD-R, which is your source for ripping, makes noise only during your ripping process.

SilenZio is the culmination of articulate planning, immaculate design, professional assembly, effective training, and utilization of the finest components available. From its 100% aluminum chassis to the specifically chosen, system-tuned low-latency RAM to the highest performing solid state drive in the world, the SilenZio AE-2 wants for nothing but to be used in the most resolving of HiFi and Home Theater systems.

Getting the most from your SilenZio is within your reach, even for users who consider themselves novices. Included with each SilenZio system is a comprehensive, in-depth, easy-to-understand and, most importantly, easy-to learn one-on-one remote training and configuration session (up to the first 2 hours) to learn how to utilize the system in generating the finest digital audio and video reproduction possible within your HiFi or Home Theater rig. In other words, Audio by E not only “talks the talk” but “walks the walk.” Where other so-called media/music server companies want to sell you a box and point you to an online forum – leaving you to fend for yourself, Audio by E takes it to the next level, going above and beyond for clients. We’re not successful unless you’re successful in using your SilenZio.

The time to upgrade your rig is now. The time to get off spinning media is yesterday! SilenZio users typically retire the physical spinning media once ripped because when they A/B the SilenZio versus their expensive transports: 1) the SilenZio sounds better, or 2) they are unable to tell the difference. This is the ultimate test of a media server, and the SilenZio does not disappoint!

Each SilenZio comes with:
- (1) Black or Silver media server (pictured)
- (1) Power Adapter/brick
- (1) Basic power cable
- (1) Windows 7 Professional DVD + Product Key
- Miscellaneous literature of components within the system
- (1) Remote training and configuration session, up to 2 hours

SilenZio Specs:
- 4th Generation Intel (Haswell) low-wattage CPU
- 16GB 1600MHz, low-latency RAM
- 128GB SSD
- A/G WiFi built-in (external antennae)
- Z97-based Motherboard
- 100% Aluminum chassis, passively cooled
- 150W PicoPSU
- BD-Recorder, slot-load

SilenZio Connectivity:
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- 1x WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band (2.4/5GHz)
- 2x USB 2.0
- 4x USB 3.0
- 1x DVI (up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz)
- 1x HDMI (up to 4096x2304 @ 24hz, 1080p @ 60Hz)
- 1x DisplayPort (up to 4096x2304 @ 24hz, 1080p @ 60Hz)
- 2x USB 2.0 (front, right of chassis)

Software included and tuned specifically for optimal fidelity on the SilenZio:
- JRiver Media Center 20
- Exact Audio Copy

Dimensions of SilenZio:
- 435mm (W) x 325mm (D) x 60mm (H)
- 17.13" (W) x 12.8" (D) x 2.36" (H)

Chrisandalex1

Well,  I finally broke the news to the wife about how much I spent on the new system.

All in the clear.  :)

However, it cost me big.  I just got an email from Hermes that the Crocodile Birkin purse she has been looking for has just arrived at the San Francisco store.  Needless to say, her plane tickets and hotel reservations are confirmed.

I might need to up my game a bit now.  The purse is considerably more than my entire system.  LOL

jriggy

Well,  I finally broke the news to the wife about how much I spent on the new system.

I might need to up my game a bit now. 

You GO!!!
You've got to run like antelope, out of control!!!
(assuming you know what your avatar is from)

~J

Chrisandalex1

You GO!!!
You've got to run like antelope, out of control!!!
(assuming you know what your avatar is from)

~J

LOL, Indeed.