ROKU 3 ON WOOT

Phil A

Re: ROKU 3 ON WOOT
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:17 pm »
That's a great deal.  I picked up a deal there at the same price earlier this year.  The Roku 3 works really nicely for me.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:23 pm »
I have ROKU 2.  Is 3 worth the upgrade?

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2014, 03:19 pm »
I have ROKU 2.  Is 3 worth the upgrade?

Rim - this review article highlights the differences - never owned the Roku 2.  I bought one Roku 3 at a warehouse club about the time of my recent move and then saw the deal earlier in the year on Woot and bought 3 more - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416484,00.asp

Steven Stone

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:15 pm »
I had a Roku 2 and got the Roku 3 a bout a month ago -in many ways I preferred the 2 - it has an analog output for audio which the three lacks accept from the remote. You better be fully HDMI'd for the 3.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:05 pm »
I had a Roku 2 and got the Roku 3 a bout a month ago -in many ways I preferred the 2 - it has an analog output for audio which the three lacks accept from the remote. You better be fully HDMI'd for the 3.

I don't use audio out on Roku.  We just use it to access Netflix, Amazon Prime and Pandora.  It's HDMIed to AUX1 on my processor.  Is there a performance improvement to justify upgrading to 3 from 2?  We had some lagging issue on HD shows but I think that was on my (2 year old) wireless router.  I have since updated the FIOS wireless router but I haven't seen a movie since.