Anyone run the VR33 in a small room?

Ultralight

Anyone run the VR33 in a small room?
« on: 15 Nov 2014, 05:58 pm »
Anyone here run the VR33 in small rooms - say no larger than 11x13x8?   And feel that it is a successful match? 

The attraction of the VR33 is the ability to be placed near a small wall, AND cast a large soundstage/scale which would be nice for a small space.

Thanks!
UL

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2014, 05:05 am by Ultralight »

BigSwede

Re: Anyone run the VR33 in a small room?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2014, 03:16 pm »
Seems to me there was a guy here who had them in a pretty small room, hopefully he will chime in. But I don't see why they wouldn't work fine. Might have to be a little careful with placement so you don't get corner bass reinforcement, but that would be the case with any speaker.

skidro

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2014, 01:07 pm »
I've got them in a room just about exactly that size. Also, due to the configuration of the door to the room and the closet I am forced to use the short wall for setup. I have them facing straight forward and 6" from the back wall and approx 2 feet from the side (perhaps a few inches less). Sound is spectacular........ clear, precise, detailed, full of impact, and wall-to-wall. I use some densely stuffed oversize pillows in the 2 corners to the outside of each speaker and find the bass to be tight and powerful. Using a pair of Emotiva xpa-100 monoblocs, xda-2 dac/pre and onkyo cd (coax out to dac) and getting sensational sound. I have (or have had) Salk, Martin-Logan, Gallo, and Magnepan and these VR-33's are staying exactly where they are right now!!!!!! Quite a speaker and extremely addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are anywhere close to northwestern Pennsylvania you are welcome to come and take a listen. I'm sure you would be very pleased with them in your room as well.

Skidro

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2014, 09:32 pm »
I run my VR33 in a 13 by 15 foot room.  The speakers are set up on the long wall about 7-8 inches out and they are both on either side of 2 large windows.  They are 7 feet apart and 3 feet from the corners.  There is a large flat screen TV  about 10 inches from the left speaker and the sound is quite excellent.  Soundstage is wall to wall and extends beyond the speakers.  Amplifier is an Odyssey Stratos Extreme+++, preamp is a Audible Illusions Modulus 3B tube pre.  You can see pictures of the system in my Gallery.

You won't have any problem getting great sound in your room...Go for it.