OB-7 Speakers For Sale

scottydubbs

OB-7 Speakers For Sale
« on: 12 Nov 2014, 09:12 pm »
Hi I'm Scott, this is my first post on Audio Circle. Not sure if this the right place to toss this out but I'm sure you'll let me know.

I am working for Toruga Audio, and we have a very nice pair of GR Research OB-7s that were built a few years ago that need a new home.

This pair of OB-7's were built according the OB-7 enclosure specs but used a lightly different woofer model and do not have passive crossovers. They were used with external active crossovers and were tri-amped (active crossovers & triamps not included).  So anyone buying these will either have to provide external or internal crossovers.

These are very high quality built speakers by the owner and founder of Tortuga Audio.

Highlights include:

- M-165 woofers
- Neo 3 tweeters
- Solid African Mahogany front
- Baltic birch plywood cabinet w/ Mahogany Veneer
- No Rez Acoustical lining

Willing to crate these up properly and ship anywhere in the US/Canada. Details to be worked out of course.

Here are some photos. More pics available if you're interested.

Danny Richie

Re: OB-7 Speakers For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2014, 05:27 am »
Nice looking cabinets.

Looks like you used the M-130X woofers up top in the MTM section. Running those in parallel will give you a minimum impedance dip of 2.75 ohms. So I hope you had an amp capable of handling that low impedance level.

Looks like the older style shallow back cup tweeters too.

If the new owner would like to turn these into a pair of the OB-7's they will need four M-130/16's, a couple of deep back cups for the tweeters, and all of the crossover components. All of which I can provide for the new owner.

persisting1

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2014, 05:53 am »
Wow. Those are nice.

Price and location?

scottydubbs

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2014, 02:45 pm »
They are located in Southwest Florida.  Price is negotiable, please send me a message if interested.

scottydubbs

« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2014, 02:59 pm »
After looking through the receipts, these are the M-130/16's, not the M-165's.

Captainhemo

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2014, 04:16 pm »
M130/16 on the left,  M130X  on right.

You should have the 2  m130/16's up top in the MTM section like Danny mentioned and if you  bought the upgraded bass section ,  there should be  4 M130X's   below

-jay

tortugaranger

• Industry Contributor
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2014, 06:33 pm »
M130/16 on the left,  M130X  on right.

You should have the 2  m130/16's up top in the MTM section like Danny mentioned and if you  bought the upgraded bass section ,  there should be  4 M130X's   below

-jay

These were all M130Xs, even the the 2 in the MTM section. Low parallel impedance notwithstanding I had no problem driving these but anyone interested in buying the speakers will probably want to swap out the 8's for 16 ohm'ers. to be more compatible with Danny's passive crossovers.
-Morten