Record Collectors Show Sunday 9-12

Scott F.

« on: 10 Sep 2004, 11:18 pm »
Hi Guys,

Anybody interested in going to the record collectors show down at the American Czech Center this Sunday?

I haven't been there in years. I curious to see how many vendors and what kind of selection there is.

Blackmore

American Czech Center
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2004, 12:04 am »
If I can find it, I'm going to make the pilgrimage.  My wife has a church gig in the morning in Kirkwood, then we'll head down to the center.

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2004, 04:50 am »
Here's all the info;
Sept 12, 2004 St. Louis,MO. Record & CD Show. American Czech Hall. Kingshighway & Landstown. 10am-4pm. Admission $2.50 For more info(314)821-9121.

Don't know if you remember where the old South Town Famous Barr was (I'm showing my age here), but Landsdown it right before (where) the old Famous used to be. Basically between the old Schmitt Rolls Royce dealer and Famous on the same side of the street.

What time are plannng on getting there?

sturgus

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2004, 09:39 am »
If I get off early I will be there.
Sturgus

steve k

« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2004, 10:56 am »
Thanks for the reminder, Scott.  I'd forgotten all about it. I'll be there sometime. BTW Landsdown is further south of FB Southtown. It's down where the old Venture store used to be. There used to be a YWCA on the corner of Kingshighway and Landsdown. I believe the Czech center is just east of that old Y bldg. (if the Y is still there).

steve

DeadFish

« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2004, 05:02 pm »
Yes, thanks for the remind, Scott!  
Hope to make it, if the yard-sailing doesn't get too steep today.

When are YOU goin'?

DF

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2004, 07:40 pm »
Quote from: DeadFish

When are YOU goin'?
DF

Here comes the cop-out answer......

Well it depends on whenever everybody else gets there  :lol:

Sounds like Mark will be there somewhere after noon or so. Same with Steve. Not sure when Sturg gets off work.

Oh I don't know, waddia tink, 1ish? That should give everybody time to get there.

Oh Steve, glad you pointed that out about the directions. Maybe I better do a Mapquest to thwart my premature senility.

Blackmore

Sunday
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2004, 10:01 pm »
Count me out. I'm coming down with something feverish/flu-ish.  I'll stay home and not infect the record collecting lobby of St. Louis  :cry: Buy something cool!

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2004, 11:20 pm »
Bummer :(

Hope whatever you've got doesn't last too long.

DeadFish

« Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2004, 04:49 am »
Sooooo,
Did anybody make that show?
I 'wussed' out with too much else getting in the way, to get anywhere at all.
Maybe in another 2 months.  Just wondering what it was like.
DF

orthobiz

« Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2004, 10:51 am »
Meanwhile, is there a website where I could find out where the closest record collector's show would be to the Grand Rapids area?

biz

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2004, 02:30 pm »
Quote from: orthobiz
Meanwhile, is there a website where I could find out where the closest record collector's show would be to the Grand Rapids area?

biz

Hiya Biz,

Heres a link to the record collectors guild forum. They recently posted a listing of the upcoming midwest shows plus a couple in California.

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9349

Bill,

Steve and I ended up going afterall. We got down there late (about an hour before close). It looked like it was a decent turnout of vendors. About 2/3 had left when we arrived.

The hall was about the size of an elementary school gym and looked like it completely full with vendors hawking vinyl. Steve and I got a few pieces at fairly reasonable prices. Prices varied from 4/$1 to $3ea or 4 for $10 up to what ever you wanted to pay for an individual album.

All in all, it looked like it would be well worthy of going to again in Novemeber. This time I plan on getting there when it opens at 10am.

DeadFish

« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2004, 06:15 pm »
Thanks Scott!
I'll definitely have to put more forethought into going next time.
My wife had wanted to make plans to go hot tub hunting, and I wimped on her too.  Gotta have a fence 'fore we have a tub.
But as much as she gives into my audio habits, that ain't really a good excuse around here....  ;-D

(But the time listening to the new Baby was fun!)

DF

steve k

« Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2004, 07:53 pm »
Are there grounds for celebration? Did we get the new baby Sophia??
We expect a full report.
steve k

orthobiz

« Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2004, 08:30 pm »
Thanks for the website record show info!

biz

DeadFish

« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2004, 10:32 pm »
Sure Steve!
Have a cigar! ;-D

I'm workin' on it.

B