Impressions- Modwright 9000ES

tnewell

« on: 10 Sep 2004, 04:27 pm »
I have been listening to my Signature Modded 9000ES for two weeks now. I have the latest Mods on my player. SACDs sound stunning!!  The sense of ease is amazing.  I am hearing details I have never heard before on my favorite discs.

Dan- Prior to having the Mods I had only used the player for DVD Video and SACD.  I don't think I ever played a CD before the Mods.  I am thinking that Redbook playback might take longer to break in.  CDs sound good but still have a slight edge to them.

Overall, I am thrilled with the results of the Mod.  :D
Tom

tnewell

« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2004, 02:31 pm »
Update:  After putting some hours over the weekend playing Redbook discs, CDs sound fantastic!  :D  Huge & deep soundstage, total lack of hardness or edge and much more detail.

I think the money I spent on this Mod was the best investment I have made on my system!  :lol:

Tom

modwright

Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2004, 05:42 am »
THanks Tom, I appreciate your feedback. I too am very pleased with how the 9000ES mods sound now, especially with NO OP-AMPS and eliminating the Sony Current Pulse D/A's.  With these out of the way, the signal only sees our Class A tube stage, direct-coupled, with only a single Auricap capacitor in the signal path...

Take care and enjoy,

Dan