What would the DAC in a BP-25DA compare to in the Bryston lineup

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
Have found info in another post :D

turnovertherecord

Just been using the dac in the bp-25da

Like all have said it was a very nice dac 10 years ago,happy to report it still is

Using a oppo 105 as a transport

servingko

How does the Bryston DAC compare to the Oppo BDP105's internal DAC ?

Phil A

Some don't like the Sabre chip (in unmodded form) in the BDP-105.  For the money the Oppo is an excellent DAC and player for audio and video.  The BDA-2 for PCM playback is on a different level in my opinion.  I like Oppo for video purposes.  I have two 103Ds in different systems, a BDP-93, a modded BDP-83, a BDP-93 and even have an old DV-980H which is in the same system as one of the 103Ds for region free DVD playback if I need it.

So There

• Brystonized
Phil, I have an Oppo 105 and BDA-2, and you're absolutely right. There's a huge difference in articulation and smoothness, the BDA-2 being much more analogue in character. I use the Oppo as an AV Swiss Army Knife, and it's an excellent device. Of course, the BDA is twice the cost . . . and worth every penny.

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

turnovertherecord

Have found that the bryston is what I like,smooth,, great bass ,,not bright at all

Was using 105 xlr out to amp,,,also 105 xlr out to bp-25da

now the 105 is a transport