silent DVD player for audio CD, which?

gychang

silent DVD player for audio CD, which?
« on: 11 Oct 2014, 07:12 am »
seems like all major audio equipment has a basic DVD player that can play CD.

I bought a Samsung basic DVD player for $30 and while playing CD it makes a tic-tic noise that is audioable within 2 feet of the player.  I am looking for a quieter machine.

can someone recommend a "basic"-cheap DVD player that is silent for 2-channel audio playing? I only use it to play CD in the bedroom.

thanks,

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: silent DVD player for audio CD, which?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2014, 11:13 am »
Try the cheap and cheerful circle.

My last cheapie purchase was a Logitech UE Smart Radio (wireless clock radio).  Does nearly everything (audio-wise) that Apple Airport Express does (wireless/wired connection for streaming from web/local network) for the same price but adds woofer/tweeter, display (that automatically brightens/dims with ambient lighting levels), and controls.  Lacks remote but reasonably compact, could be the perfect solution if you have a network.

Every plastic disc player I've ever owned has broken.  Still have a 12 year old Sony XA20ES metal CD player if I want to spin discs (that vintage guys still seek).  So my second recommendation would be to look for a slightly used, quality built (not necessarily quality sounding) CD player.