WOW ! 2000HP

JDUBS

Re: WOW ! 2000HP
« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2014, 06:04 am »
Im sure the cost of the GTR (awesome car btw) plus mods and tuning put it way way past the cost of a stock Lamborghini.

This isn't some home built 79 Datsun winning this, so the whole premise of the video is kind of pointless.

Literally everything you say makes no sense.  Please, you and jtwrace don't post on anything.  You are both morons.  Seriously.

-Jim

Rclark

« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2014, 08:49 am »
Literally everything you say makes no sense.  Please, you and jtwrace don't post on anything.  You are both morons.  Seriously.

-Jim

Time for your geritol and a nap. Seriously.

- Reza.

Guy 13

« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2014, 10:03 am »
Here's what I find impressive. This is "off the shelf", right from your local dealer:

Turn up your speakers.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj1h75vA1Jw

(and it's beating Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari, etc..etc...)

Hi Bob.
Thanks for that video.
I prefer that type of video to my original post.
However, what I like about my video it's the funny side of it.
Passing the Lamborghini while laughing.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2014, 10:12 am »

-Jim
Hi Jim.
Is your post a joke?
That's no way to treat other AC members on this forum.
Calm down, relax, take it easy, how about a Valium or two?...
Who am I to talk to you like that?
Well, I'm only Guy 13 from planet Vietnam.
...and don't tell me to go back on my planet,
first it's not my planet and second,
I'm already (Stuck) there.

Guy 13
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #24 on: 11 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm »
Actually, sending you back to your planet would mean back to Canada.  Which, as I understand it, would be a blessing much to be desired if it could be accomplished without certain complications.  So wishing you back to the planet you came from is sending you good wishes.

Guy 13

« Reply #25 on: 11 Oct 2014, 01:01 pm »
Actually, sending you back to your planet would mean back to Canada.  Which, as I understand it, would be a blessing much to be desired if it could be accomplished without certain complications.  So wishing you back to the planet you came from is sending you good wishes.
Hi Letitroll98
Thanks for your good wishes.
I will have other kind of problems on my planet Canada,
however, I will be home and that's better than being on planet Vietnam
or any other planets.
By the way, there are two powerful cars that I have drove earlier in my life:
A Pontiac the Judge and a Pontiac Iroc Z
both of them become scary when you push the pedal to the metal.

Guy 13

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2014, 01:23 pm »
..... Pontiac Iroc Z.....
I've love to see pictures of that one!  :thumb:

Mr. Davidson, Glad you liked the video and the car. I'm glad you shot back with performance numbers for the stock and factory modded GTR.
THAT'S what I'm talking about. Good old fashion horsepower wars and the fanboy pissing contests that go along with them.  :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take away from the guys that hotrodded the GTR in the video, it's just that as I've gotten older my appreciation for cool cars went from straight line performance to performance in all categories.

If you've got a few minutes, here's another one I'm impressed by. Totally NOT stock, but designed and built by a woman (who if famous in certain circles) named Mary Pozzi.
This is, the car that Mary built: http://youtu.be/Z9Vz-42Kc2s

GT Audio Works

« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2014, 01:42 pm »
The GTR is a formidable piece of engineering even in stock trim. But for me I want a more extreme sensory experience, not to mention something cheaper that will smoke the rich boy toys on a Sunday morning drive.
If I had some disposeable income I would be ordering one of these..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiWhWpzFQQ
I can relate to its adherence to one of my engineering practices. K.I.S.S.   Keep it simple stupid !!
This is a specialized high HP version, but the standard trim unit is still pretty awesome and more than a match for most anything out there.
                                                                                      Greg

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2014, 01:47 pm »
That's it, right there! Amen brother!  :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2014, 02:02 pm »
Hi all.
That's what I love aboput Audio Circle.
You can talk about almost anything, as long you you post in a civilized way.
Audio, photo, food, car - bikes, joke, home improvement and much, much more. Even personal stuff like I did some time ago.
Thanks JohnR for starting Audio Circle, it's now part of my daily life.

Guy 13

RDavidson

« Reply #30 on: 11 Oct 2014, 03:43 pm »
I've love to see pictures of that one!  :thumb:

Mr. Davidson, Glad you liked the video and the car. I'm glad you shot back with performance numbers for the stock and factory modded GTR.
THAT'S what I'm talking about. Good old fashion horsepower wars and the fanboy pissing contests that go along with them.  :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take away from the guys that hotrodded the GTR in the video, it's just that as I've gotten older my appreciation for cool cars went from straight line performance to performance in all categories.

If you've got a few minutes, here's another one I'm impressed by. Totally NOT stock, but designed and built by a woman (who if famous in certain circles) named Mary Pozzi.
This is, the car that Mary built: http://youtu.be/Z9Vz-42Kc2s

I'm totally with you, actually.
I was merely relaying info to help everyone understand how marvelous the GTR is. Many seemed to think that it was just the tuner guys making it fast in a straight line. The GTR is actually insane to begin with. Remember it's just a V6! That it can be tuned to such a ridiculous level without exploding is impressive......though I'm not into this kind of stuff either. Street guys only care about straight line speed. I'm sure what they've done to that GTR negated a good portion of it's curvy track performance. I guess when I see car stuff like this, it's much like audio. I can appreciate all types of different things, even if they aren't really my cup of tea. :thumb:
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2014, 05:21 pm by RDavidson »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2014, 04:03 pm »
Well said, and I think we're on the same page.
I'm a car guy and although I am a fanboy of a few marques, I do appreciate the cool stuff, regardless of what badge is on the grill.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2014, 07:03 pm »
This crossed my mind and made me giggle a bit.
Here's what 1,000 horsepower can do....in a considerably different chassis, with a considerably different gear ratio:

http://youtu.be/0MgbtXfyK7A

RDavidson

« Reply #33 on: 11 Oct 2014, 10:34 pm »
Here's something old, but hilarious.
Back when Smart cars hit the market in the US, people were doing crazy stuff with them. The main funny thing people were doing was refitting them with motorcycle engines. The Suzuki Hayabusa engine was a popular swap. If you don't know what a Hayabusa is, look it up. Ridiculously fast bike.
Here's a Smart car drag racing a Ferrari.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1NAMnYKM

RDavidson

« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2014, 10:38 pm »
This crossed my mind and made me giggle a bit.
Here's what 1,000 horsepower can do....in a considerably different chassis, with a considerably different gear ratio:

http://youtu.be/0MgbtXfyK7A

That's awesome :icon_twisted:..........and a little scary. :o

Let me rephrase that. That's "owsom" : pronounced auw sum. Bob, you know what I'm saying. I lived in Southern Indiana for about 11 years (straight east of St. Louis).
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2014, 12:24 am by RDavidson »

Folsom

« Reply #35 on: 11 Oct 2014, 11:12 pm »
You can probably do all of that with the Unimog, minus the "launching", and much slower.

Unimog, as seen driven by Bruce Willis in Die Hard 5 first action scene.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 15 Oct 2014, 02:49 am »
I just watched a video if a beautiful car that just happens to have...you guessed it....2,000 horsepower.
This one is a piece of art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5C-DxS45I

RDavidson

« Reply #37 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:01 am »
I love classic cars. Up to the mid 70's or so, cars had so much character. These days, if a design becomes a classic, it's usually a European sports car.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 15 Oct 2014, 12:19 pm »
I agree with your first sentence, 100%.
No so much on your second. I look at cars now days and the way they're built (I work in the industry) and can't foresee these ever being restored in 40 to 50 years. Between the massive amounts of plastics, fiber optic networks, and just plain "cookie cutter" approach to everything, nobody in their right mind would tackle a rotisserie style resto-mod on a modern car, a half century from now. I look at them and think, "What's the point".

RDavidson

« Reply #39 on: 15 Oct 2014, 02:01 pm »
I agree with your first sentence, 100%.
No so much on your second. I look at cars now days and the way they're built (I work in the industry) and can't foresee these ever being restored in 40 to 50 years. Between the massive amounts of plastics, fiber optic networks, and just plain "cookie cutter" approach to everything, nobody in their right mind would tackle a rotisserie style resto-mod on a modern car, a half century from now. I look at them and think, "What's the point".

I understand what you're saying, but the ability to restore a car doesn't necessarily determine "classic" status. This is mostly determined by design and performance.