Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 7 Sep 2004, 07:33 am »
Won't be long now!  The trailers look very cool.  This one really looks like the game.  Did anyone see the inside-the-mansion shots?  Straight from the game series! :rock:

I think the games were fantastic, and against all odds I really loved the first film.  Hopefully the new one will be as good as the last one was.  Too bad no Michelle Rodriquez, though.

viggen

« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2004, 06:12 pm »
I can't wait to see more of Mila.  She seems to have getting a bit buffed lately tho.  I'd like her to be a bit more waify as she was a few years back  :peek:  :peek:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2004, 10:03 pm »
I really dig the "bad ass Milla." :notworthy:  Yes, Milla J rocks!  :rock:

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:23 am »
Well, I'm getting called into the midnighter tonight. :mrgreen:

Will let you all know if it's any good... :wink:

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2004, 10:27 am »
Ok, back from the film.

Well, in the older RE:2 thread, I'd guessed that it was pretty much going to be an action movie.

Guessed that one right...  :?

Man, did I miss Marilyn Manson's touch on this one. As well as Paul W.S. Anderson. I am more than a bit pissed that Anderson passed on directing RE:2 in order to make a train wreck out of Alien Vs. Predator. It woulda been soooo much better if he would've just let someone else ruin AvP, so that he could direct RE:2.

The twit that directed RE:2 seemed to do his best to ruin the movie. :( Most of the action scenes are cut so damn fast & close, that you can't make heads or tails of what's going on. Not to mention the severely excessive use fast/choppy/blurry visuals. Man, is the DVD going to be a motion artifact from hell when Sony releases it overcompressed (as you know they will). He also couldn't even rip off Commando properly (you'll recognize that scene), and towards the end a lot of the movie was looking like a lame version of Equilibrium.

And the rest of the new cast was lame for the most part. It's really too bad that Oded Fehr didn't have more screen time. Sienna Guillroy did ok most of the time. She got most of the "look bad ass" stuff down, but wasn't so hot during the rest of the film.

Overall the first RE was better. It had a better cast, director, score, sound effects, visual effects (the dogs & licker suck ass this time around), etc.

Some of the movie was good though. Mike Epps usually stole the show. And some of the action scenes were pretty cool.

Oh, and take any disbelief you've got, suspend the crap out of it, and ship it off to Antarctica. Because RE:2 has a lot of highly stylized action. Makes John Woo's gunfights look realistic...

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2004, 02:25 am »
Ok, just saw it again.

I musta been grumpy or something last week... :roll:

Anyway, it's not like the first film. It's not as good as the first film. But it's decent entertainment.

bob82274

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2004, 08:00 pm »
My biggest comlaint was with the director.  Or lack of a professional one.  I will probably be avoiding his movies in the future.  I liked it ok because I enjoy the zombie movies.  But I have told others not to see it because I didn't think it was worth their time.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2004, 12:40 am »
Just got back from seeing it.  Ah- Milla! :rock:  :notworthy:   I actually thought that in many respects it was better than the first one.  Certainly a dead-on Jill Valentine!  I'm already stoked for the next/final installment.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2004, 05:01 am »
BTW, I've never been in a theater with a movie played that loudly before.  There honestly was four or five points in the movie that I had to plug my ears! :o   I must've spent half an hour or so wincing in pain!  It's nice to have it cranked up a little, but there was only about 12 people in the theater- you don't need to max it under those circumstances. :nono:   It was like a goddamn rock concert. :x