Some Etesian pics...

Eduardo AAVM

Some Etesian pics...
« on: 2 Sep 2004, 03:26 am »
Sorry altough I shot em at 1600x1200 I resized 'em and the final image resulted to be small...

Anyway the main thing here is thiSSSS: HOW DOES KLAUS ACHIEVE THIS KIND OF PERFORMANCE. I ordered an Etesian for a future review in a Mexican magazine of the Etesian+Khartago+Epiphony (maybe), but I thought yes nice a passive unit, great to save some money and keep thing simpler, minimalistic approach... But after a 3 hours listening session with mere mid fi aditional gear like LG DVD, Celestion F30 speakers and having just a good note with cables from DH Labs and Groneberg, really, I really do not know how, but this duo performs great, they made the F30's sound like never before, maybe it is bacause the openess and airness of a passive system + the colored warm sound of the speakers and the tonal characterictics of the cables, I do not know but it is a killer comobo. Best for the buck.

Even this little one in the Odyssey line is built like a tank, only metal and top quality parts ALPS, WIMA, Groneberg Serie 3.

This is an awesome sounding pair.

Eduardo AAVM

Some Etesian pics...
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2004, 03:33 am »
The sound was nice and wide soundstage and you can see that the F30's were at a very bad postioning.

amartincool

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2004, 06:55 am »
Really nice Eduardo, and the nightingale looks nice too.

I will try with etesian with both, a tube cd player and a non tube cd player and see what´s happen...

Eduardo AAVM

Some Etesian pics...
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2004, 02:37 pm »
Oh yes, those are two nice sounding systems but I'll stick some foam or cushion on my floor because I am starting to get familiar with the sound of some jaws droping down right to the floor when they listen to the Nightingales and Extreme's, , Tempest, CD etc...

By the way I'll share with you later what CD I am using with the big system.

With the Etesian+Khartago I am trying to use no so expensive associated gear to simulate more or less market reality in Mexico, and the results are fantastic indeed.

Reagrds.

Brian

Some Etesian pics...
« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2004, 07:50 pm »
Hi Eduardo

Very nice pictures.

Does the Etesian need as long a break-in time as other Odyssey products?

Eduardo AAVM

Some Etesian pics...
« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2004, 04:14 pm »
Mmm, no, I think it doesn't but still I have too much time forward to get more involved with it and discover this kind of issues.