SOLD: Pass Labs XA30.5

mav52

Re: FS: Pass Labs XA30.5 price drop
« Reply #20 on: 21 Nov 2014, 04:06 pm »
If out in the open, this amp runs warm, but definitely not hot. It isn't as much of a "space heater" as some other class A amps and won't really contribute any more to warming up the room than probably a second human body in the room would. I think its rather large chassis and heat sinks do a good job of heat dissipation. My First Watt J2 seems to run quite a bit warmer than the 30.5, from what I can tell, and it is out in the open also. Those heat readings are likely surface heat, not readings of the heated air around the amp.

A cigarette burns at about 580 degrees C (1112 degrees F), MUCH hotter than any amp, but it is too small to heat a room. Context is everything. :thumb:

Thanks, now I have to think.... :scratch:

watercourse

« Reply #21 on: 21 Nov 2014, 04:40 pm »
I have not had issues with the heat from the amp. Before getting this amp, I also had concerns about the heat because of postings on various forums, but my concerns weren't well-founded.

I have an open rack, and can comfortably hold my hand against the amp and heat sinks for about 10 seconds before I need to remove my hand - but sometimes, it doesn't even get that hot depending on the ambient room temperature. Even during the warmest summer on record this year here in San Francisco, I did not encounter any issues with the heat from the amp.

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2014, 05:08 am »
Just to echo, my diy f4 gets very hot (but I am biased that way  :icon_twisted:), but my XA30.5 isn't hot a all. Yes, it needs air flow, but it never gets too hot to hold your hand on, even after several hours.

The XA30.5 is a really great amp and this one is a hell of a deal.

RDavidson

« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2014, 06:00 am »
Thanks, now I have to think.... :scratch:

Mav, if you have the funds, you really can't go wrong here. I'm running my 30.5 on KEF LS50's (not a horrible load with crazy impedance swings or phase angles, but not particularly efficient either) and the match is excellent.

watercourse

« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2014, 08:48 pm »
Bump!

watercourse

« Reply #25 on: 7 Dec 2014, 01:01 am »
PM me if you are interested in an early Xmas present for yourself - I'll cover all shipping and fees to CONUS for a flat $2700.

Offer only for ACers for a short time, then off to Agon.

watercourse

Re: FS: Pass Labs XA30.5 SALE PENDING PAYMENT
« Reply #26 on: 9 Dec 2014, 08:28 pm »
SALE PENDING

watercourse

Re: FS: Pass Labs XA30.5 SALE PENDING PAYMENT
« Reply #27 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:28 pm »
SOLD

Thanks for all your interest in this awesome amp