Robin Williams dead today

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Robin Williams dead today
« Reply #60 on: 15 Aug 2014, 12:34 pm »
:D  nobody should pass on judgement. let him be.  RIP you funny funny Man..... :D
Yes. That.  :thumb:

MaxCast

« Reply #61 on: 15 Aug 2014, 01:00 pm »
I left some posts for education not for debate. 
Let him RIP in this memorial thread.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste AND control.  Think about it.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: Re: Robin Williams dead today
« Reply #62 on: 15 Aug 2014, 01:45 pm »
It appears that Robin Williams was in early stages of Parkinson's:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robin-williams-wife-parkinsons-20140814-story.html

Robin Williams was such a comedic genius.  It is so sad to see these gifted people (Heath Ledger, Philip Seymour Hoffman also come to mind) that have a fire that burns so bright & intensely hot, then flames out. I am grateful for what they gave us, regardless.

Many of the comments here seem to be so harsh. Walk a mile in another mans shoes before you judge them.

If it were in my power, I would not die that death.

Doc

Guy 13

« Reply #63 on: 15 Aug 2014, 02:00 pm »

Hi all.
Like I mentioned previously, my ex-business partner hang himself, because he could not or found difficult at 55 years old to find a wife, it was his fourth marriage.
Does that justify what he did to himself ?
My brother, his girl friend that he love very much, left him, she had a reason, some mafia guys threaten to kill both of them.
Now, that a good reason for the girl friend to get away from hjim, but my brother was hart broken and he killed himself.
The reasons, because in his case, there is a combination of several reasons.
Girl friend left him mafia guys wanted to kill him and he did not tell us but we found out after his death, he had prostate cancer.
With all those reasons, is that enough to kill yourself?
For him, it was a good enough reason.
I am not in my ex-business partner and not in my brothers shoes either, so, even if I know the reason with both of them kill themselves, it’s not up to me to judge.
Even, if Robin Williams was suffering from a big depression,
he had Alzheimer and by killing himself and made his family sad, that’s still no reason to blame him. After all, it’s his life, why some people want to judge other’s action.
Maybe if they like so much to judge, they should become judges.
RIP funny Robin Williams.

Guy 13

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #64 on: 15 Aug 2014, 05:57 pm »
Jackman,
If Mr.Williams said that everyone would think he is a very good comedian, deserves to win an Oscar, but as you are not famous you is seen as inconvenient and inelegant.
The life fact is that the humor is a minor art that everyone can do, a joke is funny only the first time, the second time it does not work, it died.
IMO the most important arts are:
1º Music
2º Painting / Sculpture
3th Craftwork / Luthiery
?º Acting
? º Humor
The humorism is execrated by religions for transform the person into a mocker, a comedian, a clown, a joker.
It seems that all comedians have his personality transformed to sorrow and then depression.
In the 80s I was fortunate to speak briefly with this famous local comedian and I can surely tell that he is a person totally bland and a very serious person personally:
https://pt-br.facebook.com/PalestranteRenatoPereira
Heppily he was smart enough for give up the humorism and was earning the life as business speaker since then.
Regards

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #65 on: 15 Aug 2014, 05:57 pm »
Jackman,
If Mr.Williams said that everyone would think he is a very good comedian, deserves to win an Oscar, but as you are not famous you is seen as inconvenient and inelegant.
The life fact is that the humor is a minor art that everyone can do, a joke is funny only the first time, the second time it does not work, it died.
IMO the most important arts are:
1º Music
2º Painting / Sculpture
3th Craftwork / Luthiery
?º Acting
? º Humor
The humorism is execrated by religions for transform the person into a mocker, a comedian, a clown, a joker.
It seems that all comedians have his personality transformed to sorrow and then depression.
In the 80s I was fortunate to speak briefly with this famous local comedian and I can surely tell that he is a person totally bland and a very serious person personally:
https://pt-br.facebook.com/PalestranteRenatoPereira
Heppily he was smart enough for give up the humorism and was earning the life as business speaker since then.
Regards

jackman

« Reply #66 on: 15 Aug 2014, 06:24 pm »

Fullrange,

I have no idea what you are talking about, but that picture of the old dude really makes it work.  Your posts are strangely entertaining, and I would encourage you to start a different thread devoted to your strange and exotic philosophical views.

I'm not going to comment on Robin Wiliams anymore because it upsets so many people. Please don't respond to my comments. Start a different thread please.

werd

« Reply #67 on: 16 Aug 2014, 05:33 pm »
Fullrange,

I have no idea what you are talking about, but that picture of the old dude really makes it work.  Your posts are strangely entertaining, and I would encourage you to start a different thread devoted to your strange and exotic philosophical views.

I'm not going to comment on Robin Wiliams anymore because it upsets so many people. Please don't respond to my comments. Start a different thread please.

:lol:

There is something subliminal about the duplicate post too.

OzarkTom

« Reply #68 on: 16 Aug 2014, 06:35 pm »
I never was much of a Mork fan, but this one on Happy Days with Laverne and Fonzie was very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRE5Y6IUvkY