VPI Scout 1.1 vs 2?

Rivalaudio

VPI Scout 1.1 vs 2?
« on: 6 Aug 2014, 09:26 pm »
I understand the only difference in these 2 is the platter, any input on whether or not its worth the jump in price?

AudioSoul

Re: VPI Scout 1.1 vs 2?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2014, 06:12 pm »

There is no 2 the 1.1 is the second edition with the classic platter. From reports I've read the 1.1 has better definition in all areas than the original with plastic platter......

Rivalaudio

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2014, 06:41 pm »
  There is no 2 the 1.1 is the second edition with the classic platter. From reports I've read the 1.1 has better definition in all areas than the original with plastic platter......

You sure about that?

http://vpiindustries.com/table-scout11.htm

VPI - The Scout 1.1 and 2 Turntable
Celebrating over 10 years in Production! We bring you it's re-birth!

brooklyn

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2014, 08:17 pm »
Hi Rivalaudio, I have the original VPI Scout with the acrylic platter which I’ve owned for about 8 years now. There is no doubt for me, (at my age) this will be my last turntable, I like it that much.

That said, I am not familiar with the new models but if I had to pick between one, I would go with the heavier platter (if it’s within your budget) especially if you think you will be keeping it for a long time.

When it comes to turntables, the more mass the better. Take your time and buy once.

Below is a picture of mine.

Regards,
Brooklyn

Gzerro

« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2014, 11:08 pm »
I understand the only difference in these 2 is the platter, any input on whether or not its worth the jump in price?

Once you get to the Scout 2 price ($2,500) you may want to consider moving up to the VPI Classic ($3,000). It is a much more massive table and also comes with a better arm. Seems more bang for the buck imo.

Good luck!

Tom

AudioSoul

« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2014, 10:25 pm »
Hi Rivalaudio, I have the original VPI Scout with the acrylic platter which I’ve owned for about 8 years now. There is no doubt for me, (at my age) this will be my last turntable, I like it that much.

That said, I am not familiar with the new models but if I had to pick between one, I would go with the heavier platter (if it’s within your budget) especially if you think you will be keeping it for a long time.

When it comes to turntables, the more mass the better. Take your time and buy once.

Below is a picture of mine.

Regards,
Brooklyn

Ok sorry about that!