NFL Football ('14-'15)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #240 on: 27 Oct 2014, 11:15 pm »
Monday Night Football and it's Dallas at home vs. Washington and Dallas should have a pretty easy time of it based on what I've seen of late.  Their running game has taken pressure off Romo and he's playing mistake free, lights out ball!  Never thought I'd see this.   
Although they should handle them easily, I don't expect it.  These two teams always play each other tough.  Eventually, Romo won't hit 70% of his passes, and Colt isn't the interception machine that Cousin's is.  I kinda think this will be decided by about 4 points. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #241 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:37 am »
Monday Night Football and it's Dallas at home vs. Washington and Dallas should have a pretty easy time of it based on what I've seen of late.  Their running game has taken pressure off Romo and he's playing mistake free, lights out ball!  Never thought I'd see this.   

Hmmm, tied in the third quarter with Romo out.  Whoda thunk it......

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #242 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:45 am »
Ain,t tied no 'mo. Go skins!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #243 on: 28 Oct 2014, 03:28 am »
God, I'm embarrassed to be even watching this game both teams are so lame.

S Clark

« Reply #244 on: 28 Oct 2014, 03:45 am »
Not lame, just a typical hard hitting Cowboy/Redskin game.  It was about that I thought it would be.  I had the game as a 4 point game, it ended a 3 point game.  Hope Romo's injury isn't severe.  Congrats to Colt, who played a lights out game.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #245 on: 28 Oct 2014, 04:12 am »
Once in a blue moon you can be proud to be a redskins fan - tonight was one of those nights. They may not have been a winning team in over a decade, but they sure are good at spoiling it big time for the typical NFL BS. Third string quarterback perennial losers beats 5-1 "Americas football team" in their own stadium. Hail to the Redskins - America's punk rock NFL team!

S Clark

« Reply #246 on: 28 Oct 2014, 04:17 am »
Once in a blue moon you can be proud to be a redskins fan - tonight was one of those nights. They may not have been a winning team in over a decade, but they sure are good at spoiling it big time for the typical NFL BS. Third string quarterback perennial losers beats 5-1 "Americas football team" in their own stadium. Hail to the Redskins - America's punk rock NFL team!
Well, it was a typical Dallas/Washington game.  And that's your second string quarterback, Cousins is your third stringer.   :wink:  Congrats on a hard fought win.

charmerci

« Reply #247 on: 28 Oct 2014, 10:38 am »

Who'd a thunk it???  :thumb:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #248 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm »
I've thought for a long time that Dallas is under coached.  They have looked good this year before the game last night, but, at home, facing a back-up QB, they flaked like old paint.  Their coach must have thought this was gonna be just another game.  It was do or die for the opposition and they played like it was, too.  You fight fire with fire, right?  Dallas just couldn't find a match and I think it's cause they are too spoiled to fight.  They must have taken this game for granted like they take themselves.  They need a coach with some fire in his belly.  I'm not sure how many fitting that description would hasten to work for Jerry Jones, tho.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #249 on: 28 Oct 2014, 01:34 pm »
It looked like a trap game for Dallas all the way.  Although I picked them, I had a sneaky suspicion that Colt might come in there and beat them.  Divisional opponent after six straight wins playing at home is a recipe for laying an egg.  And you can't blame it on Romo being hurt, Wheadon came in and played better than Tony did.  And it's not the end of the world for Dallas, they're still tied for the division lead with Philly, at least the same number of losses.  This kind of thing happens all the time in the NFL.  But it was a lot of fun to see it.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #250 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:44 pm »
On ESPN's First Take this morning Steven A. Smith who hates the Cowboys offered that if Wheadon had of stayed in the game the Pokes would have won.  Think about it.  What was Romo gonna do that Wheadon wasn't already doing?  Wheadon's stats were better at the time according to Smith.  Weak coaching?  And why can't Jerry Jones see that his presence in the locker room under pressure is intimidating.  Just another chief in the teepee and how does that make things better?  Jason Garrett is weak and Jerry Jones is meddlesome and his presence intimidating.  When is somebody gonna tell this fool that he's part of the problem, not the solution.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #251 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:54 pm »
Hey Jim - Did it ever occur to you that you might be misreading Jerry's priorities. He has the most valuable franchise in the entire  NFL and is raking in money hand over fist with an 8-8 record every year. He probably figures his machine is runnuing as well as it can. Meanwhile he gets to play emperor, celebrity and genius for the adoring fanatics of Texas. My guess the Cowboy fans on AC are much harder on Jerry than the fan base at large.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2014, 06:15 pm by macrojack »

S Clark

« Reply #252 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:57 pm »
... Meanwhile he gets to play emperor, celebrity and genius for the adoring imbeciles of Texas. My guess the Cowboy fans on AC are much harder on Jerry than the fan base at large.
Clearly Texas does not have a monopoly on imbeciles.  Moderator???

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #253 on: 28 Oct 2014, 03:01 pm »
Monopoly?  Of course not!

Majority?  Could be.   :thumb:

I used to live in Texas and visit DFW often…………..

S Clark

« Reply #254 on: 28 Oct 2014, 03:06 pm »
Monopoly?  Of course not!

Majority?  Could be.   :thumb:

I used to live in Texas and visit DFW often…………..
We certainly have our fair share.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #255 on: 28 Oct 2014, 04:35 pm »
I thinks the term is "surplus."   :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #256 on: 28 Oct 2014, 04:54 pm »
Hey Jim - Did it ever occur to you that you might be misreading Jerry's priorities. He has the most valuable franchise in the entire  NFL and is raking in money hand over fist with an 8-8 record every year. He probably figures his machine is runnuing as well as it can. Meanwhile he gets to play emperor, celebrity and genius for the adoring imbeciles of Texas. My guess the Cowboy fans on AC are much harder on Jerry than the fan base at large.
Emperors don't win football games.  Coaches and players do.  I'm bettin that there are some head coaches that wouldn't take a job in Dallas unless the money was so good it superseded their desire to coach a winning franchise.  The reason I loathe Jerry Jones is because of where the team is today.  I used to be a Cowboys fan for cryin out loud so it probably pisses me off more than the average guy.  Yeah, let's put Romo back in cause he's so passionate about it.  He's so immobile and can't see downfield under pressure he was sacked for the next 3 downs and they had to punt.  Garrett would have probably put him in even if Jones were up in his skybox, but I would have liked to have seen if he wouldn't have if Jones weren't present.  Jones can't leave Romo or Garrett alone, imo, cause he doesn't trust them enough and he is compelled to be hands-on with his investment.  He thinks the franchise is the better for him, or maybe he needs to prove it is.  Good luck with these guys.

« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm by jimdgoulding »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #257 on: 28 Oct 2014, 11:16 pm »
Dallas next opponent is St. Louis.  Commentator Willie McGinnis on the NFL Total Access program reported today that St. Louis blitzes more than any team so far this season.  Could be OUCH for Dallas, again.  If it is, they are over-rated.  I think Dallas SHOULD win if they're not too hung over from Monday's loss.  Nah.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #258 on: 29 Oct 2014, 12:10 am »
Dallas next opponent is St. Louis.  Commentator Willie McGinnis on the NFL Total Access program reported today that St. Louis blitzes more than any team so far this season.  Could be OUCH for Dallas, again.  If it is, they are over-rated.  I think Dallas SHOULD win if they're not too hung over from Monday's loss.  Nah.
Huh....thought they were playing Arizona next  :scratch:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #259 on: 29 Oct 2014, 12:24 am »
Wouldn't be surprised if I misunderstood, SoCal.  You ever get to jazz clubs like The Lighthouse and Shelley's Manne Hole back in the day?  Hermosa Beach or something like that.