Wadia 170 iTransport for Apple iPod

texasphile

Wadia 170 iTransport for Apple iPod
« on: 11 Jul 2014, 03:02 pm »
Hello folks,

I am having a clearing out of my closets' sale.  I have a basically New in Box Wadia 170 iTransport.  I purchased it right when they came out so that I could pull those beautiful ones and zeroes directly from an Apple iPod player and have many hours of music from my iPod.  It turns out that the Wadia doesn't actually decode the ones and zeroes, it pulls them from the iPod and sends them on their merry way in S/PDIF form to your favorite Digital Analog Converter.  So, if you have a 30 pin iPod or iTouch, or iNano, or iWhatever, this Wadia 170 iTransport will pull the digital feed from the 30 pin attachment on your Apple portable unit.  The new small pin units will not work with this Wadia unless there is a special adapter which will allow it to do so.

The Wadia is one of the few machines out there that accesses the digital and not the analog signal from the Apple iPod.  Here is a hyper-link to a Stereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/1008wad/index.html.  My 120GB iPod can supply about 6 DAYS of music without repetition using this Wadia iTransport and that is with uncompressed wav files.  It is very handy. 

It is Silver and has 5 different holders for the many different sized iPod variants over the years.  It also has a remote control that I never used, so I am not exactly certain what it's use is.  I am of the generation where I was the remote control for the television whenever it needed changed or the channel had to be fine tuned.

$125 with shipping included in the Continental United States only.  You will need to supply your own iPod.

Thanks,
Chris

Hifibone

Re: Wadia 170 iTransport for Apple iPod
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2014, 03:27 am »
PM sent