Underworld in HD on HBO

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Underworld in HD on HBO
« on: 29 Aug 2004, 01:11 am »
Watching it right now and it looks pretty damn good!

George

bubba966

Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2004, 01:31 am »
I'm interested to hear what you think of it compared to the current DVD releases.

Hopefully the new SB release that's due in two months will look a lot more like the HD presentation than either of the current DVD releases.

How's the audio?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2004, 01:37 am »
Picture wise there is no comparison (I am using a Zenith DirecTV HD receiver feeding a Panny ED Plasma).

I can't really talk about the sound since I am on my living room system with no rear channels, not my main system.

I will have to wait for the next time HBO shows it in HD in order to see and hear it on the main system (Panny DirecTV receiver feeding a Marantz VP12-S1 which projects onto a 110" Stewart Deluxe Firehawk screen).

George

bubba966

Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2004, 02:23 am »
I'm sure the transfer is the same as an HD transfer is done on films nowadays.

Just goes to show you how nasty the initial DVD release was. Take the same transfer, compress the crap out of it and there you go...

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2004, 06:12 am »
I finally got around to watching Underground on HBO in HD and found it to be a thoroughly entertaining and very well directed movie. After reading some of the negative comments about the way it was filmed, I was surprised on how entertaining it actually was. In act, I'd like to see a sequel, that brunette was HOT!!!! 8) Regards, Robin

bubba966

Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2004, 07:07 am »
Quote from: satfrat
I finally got around to watching Underground on HBO in HD and found it to be a thoroughly entertaining and very well directed movie. After reading some of the negative comments about the way it was filmed, I was surprised on how entertaining it actually was.

Yup, a most entertaining film.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but what was being said negatively about how it was filmed? :scratch:

Quote from: satfrat
In fact, I'd like to see a sequel, that brunette was HOT!!!! 8) Regards, Robin

Lucky for you then, that you'll be seeing Kate again sometime next year in the sequel. :dance:

satfrat

• Restricted
Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2004, 07:29 am »

Yup, a most entertaining film.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but what was being said negatively about how it was filmed?  
  Maybe it was just my imagination,,,,,,,, :wink: Regards, Robin

satfrat

• Restricted
Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2004, 07:41 am »

Lucky for you then, that you'll be seeing Kate again sometime next year in the sequel.
                                                                                                              I'll have to hand it to ya Bubba, when it comes to cinema, you are definitely in top of your game. I just knew this film reeked of sequel at the end. Thanks for the link!  :D  Regards, Robin

mca

Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2004, 03:20 pm »
Just curious if Kate is in any other movies that are worth watching?

dado5

Underworld in HD on HBO
« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2004, 05:33 pm »
MCA,

Van Helsing

Serendipity

Emma (BBC TV version)

Pearl Harbor

Much Ado About Nothing (Ken Branaugh's film version)

Prbably a lot more, but she plays major characters in these films.

Rob