Exoticas in dual purpose system - no sub

sfox7076

Exoticas in dual purpose system - no sub
« on: 22 Jun 2014, 06:05 pm »
So I am 99.9% there on buying a new pair of Exoticas.  Anyway, one of the advantages is to get rid of the subwoofer I have (Rythmik Jim built in curly cherry).  It will free up floor space and in a Brooklyn apartment, that wins out.  I know the Exoticas will hit 25 HZ, but I wonder what the best way to deal with not having a sub is (i.e., no LFE channel for the sub to use).  I am not a huge movie person.  Frankly, there is more hockey on my TV than movies every year.  That said, maybe someone smarter than me can think of a solution.  Maybe the subs should just be run off the LFE on the plate amp?  Maybe not?  Sigh.  Regardless, the main sell for my wife is that the subwoofer leaves...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Exoticas in dual purpose system - no sub
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2014, 06:48 pm »
How much do you suppose it would cost to ship to 97330? :)

Is this the 12"? specs?

[I'm in the market for subs--most likely Rythmik. I may want to buy the double eights, but I'm not entirely certain of this.]

Michael

srb

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2014, 07:22 pm »
I know the Exoticas will hit 25 HZ, but I wonder what the best way to deal with not having a sub is (i.e., no LFE channel for the sub to use).

In the processor speaker setup, with the subwoofer set to "None" and the Front Left and Front Right speakers set to "Large", the LFE content will be mixed into the front L & R channels.

Steve

sfox7076

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2014, 02:35 am »
Well, that just makes me feel dumb...  Heh.  Well, I guess no need to sell my Ultimate 70 with the Exoticas being 92db sensitivity...  Can use that fine.  But, well, now I have to figure out what else I might change.  Always think the D2V may be the weakest link sound wise.  HT2-TLs still sound great though.  I take them for granted at this point.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2014, 02:39 am »
Poor me. Looks as though I'll have to suffer buying new subs after all.  :thumb:

sfox7076

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2014, 03:08 am »
Well, I will still ditch the sub. But shipping will be a bear.  100 pounds+.