ummm.....

djklmnop

ummm.....
« on: 18 Feb 2003, 09:40 am »
Any chance I might be able to get credit for the B&W photo of the SE-9 placed on the Norh's news section?

:nono:

azryan

ummm.....
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2003, 09:13 pm »
Is there any reason you felt the need to publicly finger wag nOrh in this thread and not just PM them?
That's pretty low IMO.

You look like a cry baby to me doing this.

Maybe if you stated your case (at all). How did they get your photo? Did you make it clear that they could use the photo, but only if you were credited?

It's not like the photo's genius or anything... It's not even a very good photo IMO.

So should they put 'photo by djklmnop' then??

I suggest norh just remove your photo than deal with you further.

I'm sure anyone else can take a better digital camera shot of this amp, convert it to B&W, mess w/ the contrast for added dramatic effect, and not care that they don't get credit.

It'd take me a couple minutes to email norh a photo if I had the amp.

nathanm

ummm.....
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2003, 09:33 pm »
Holy smokes, look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! Wowza!

Jeez djklmnop, I guess you shouldn't have put the 'ol :nono: in there, eh?  :wink:  Behold the power of little yellow GIF animations...

DTH

ummm.....
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2003, 03:57 am »
I could have sworn I saw a credit to that photo in an earlier incarnation of the nOrh news. This is going back a few months, right after the pic was originally up on HD. Of course I could be wrong.

djklmnop

ummm.....
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2003, 08:30 am »
No permission was attained from me.  Do I have to argue further?

djklmnop

ummm.....
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2003, 08:45 am »
What's pretty low?  Using my photo without my written consent? Or not  citing the photographer?

Everyone has their opinion on what a good or bad photo is, so I'll just go ahead and disregard your attempt at swaying the topic.

I initially intended for this post to be in good humor.  Thanks to you, I'm gonna email Barnes to take the image down.  Perhaps you should do a good deed and take some amazing photos, I'm sure you have a lot of really nice images Barnes can use for his website.

ciao.

azryan

ummm.....
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2003, 07:22 pm »
"What's pretty low?-"

I said what I thought was pretty low... but I'll say it again then... publicly chastising nOrh for not giving your photo the glory it deserves.

Like I said too... what credit do you want... "photo by djklmnop"??

I've just seen a ton of customer photos on sites and they send the photos to the company, and the company uses them on the web site.

You still didn't say how nOrh got your photo?

You could have made yourself look good if you woulda said you had this photo on your personal web site which lists 'all photos copywrite uhhh... 'djklmnop' (or whoever you are or want to get credited as), and told us that nOrh went to your site and stole your photo.

But you didn't say any details about what happened. Just tired to make nOrh look bad.

And you still coulda just PM'ed them instead of trying to make them look bad on their own forum.

I just jabbed you about the photo's 'quality' 'cuz I thought you gave nOrh a low blow and it's very hard for a company to defend themselves without looking like a bad guy, and I don't much care if I look like a bad guy.

"-I initially intended for this post to be in good humor.-"

I didn't take it that way. Sorry.

"-Thanks to you, I'm gonna email Barnes to take the image down.-"

Wow, I didn't realize I had that kind of control over you. Your next misson is to send me your nOrh amp.

"-Perhaps you should do a good deed and take some amazing photos, I'm sure you have a lot of really nice images Barnes can use for his website.-"

Like I already said... I would if I owned this amp. Esp. since you're asking him to take down your photo like this.

I wish I did have this amp just so I could take several photos to email nOrh so they could have a choice of replacement photos. I'm sure they'll be fine on thier own though.

I wouldn't care if I got credit or not. Maybe if this was Sony... then we'd probably think alike on this subject.

skchow

ummm.....
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2003, 07:39 pm »
It looks like the problem is settled.  http://www.norh.com/news.html

Sunny.

nathanm

ummm.....
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2003, 07:48 pm »
This has got to be the most funny, exaggerated bit of nonsense I've read here.  Azryan you big drama queen, please stop before I break a rib laughing!  This guy is a real magician!  He makes mountains out of mole hills!  Wooo!

Boy, I wonder how Norh will ever recover from this PR nightmare dj has caused!? :rotflmao:

Mathew_M

ummm.....
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2003, 09:14 pm »
The photo is ok but nothing better than I've seen from Photography 101 at my local jr. college.  As a critique I would of at least turned the amp on to give the photo more "life".  Also a big  :nono: is that I can see your reflection.  As it is I'll state that you have a sense of composition (not difficult) but nothing more....at least nothing to get your panties all bunched up about.  I would just be happy because it's probably the most exposure (and now credit) you'll ever get.  :P

Rocket

norh se9 photo
« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2003, 12:36 am »
hello,

i don't see any problems with djklmnop having acknowledgement for a great looking photo of the norh se9.  may'be the budding photographers with all the advice and criticism should take some photos for norh, jmho  :P

djklmnop has bought many products from norh and is a supporter of the company.  how many norh products do you have?

regards

rocket

Mathew_M

ummm.....
« Reply #11 on: 20 Feb 2003, 01:11 am »
I've spent over $1,000 on Norh gear and have no problems with the company.  We're just giving dj shit because he's publicly lambasting Norh instead of privately dealing with the matter.  The picture is nice but nothing special.  I have roughly 50 similar B&W photos that I took during my college days.  It's amazing how many abstract images one can produce with household objects not to mention ex girlfriends.  :wink:

djklmnop

ummm.....
« Reply #12 on: 20 Feb 2003, 08:34 am »
I have spent more than $3k on Norh products.  Does that mean I'm better than anyone here? Absolutely not.

And for the  guys who really think my photo sux, I would like to see some of your work.  And don't give me that, "That was in high school LOL" BS.   :evil:

Rocket

norh photo
« Reply #13 on: 20 Feb 2003, 11:01 am »
hello guys,

just re-read my post this morning.  sorry but i must have been in a grumpy mood this morning, the wording is a bit strong.

anyway mbarnes has done the right thing by mentioning the authors name on the photo.

btw i did like you photo djklmnop.

regards

rod

btw i have to catch up with you on the chat been a bit busy at home.

MaxCast

ummm.....
« Reply #14 on: 20 Feb 2003, 12:18 pm »
Quote from: Mathew_M
 It's amazing how many abstract images one can produce with household objects not to mention ex girlfriends.  :wink:

Hey Mathew, there is a swimsuit thread looking for a few more shots.... :P

My take on the original post...shouldn't have used the finger wagging no-no icon....other wise I would have said...nice picture dude.