Who else is getting the runaround from Kickstarter and not received their USB?

Big Red Machine

USB Awesomifier for Headphones

Gavin Fish does not respond to messages on the Kickstarter site, the emails I get from other folks there say contact your creator, Fish, for help.  Major runaround.  $159 down the tubes it appears.

jackman

Good luck to you BRM.  This is why I never participate in kick starter programs.  They collected a ton of dough and I think you will get your stuff. It just sucks getting strung along and not getting any answers.

TrungT

Copy for the Geek update:

PS - Please open a trouble ticket with Manny (http://geek.lhlabs.com/geekoutsupport.html[/color]) if you find yourself without your Geek.  In addition to the units awaiting addresses, we know of a few units that are still stuck in customs, as well as some that have come back with bad delivery addresses.  We want to make sure you get your perk, so PLEASE open a ticket so we can resolve these few open issues.[/size][/font]

Big Red Machine

Copy for the Geek update:

PS - Please open a trouble ticket with Manny (http://geek.lhlabs.com/geekoutsupport.html[/color]) if you find yourself without your Geek.  In addition to the units awaiting addresses, we know of a few units that are still stuck in customs, as well as some that have come back with bad delivery addresses.  We want to make sure you get your perk, so PLEASE open a ticket so we can resolve these few open issues.[/size][/font]

I did that and Manny says talk to Fish.  Hence the runaround.

Norman Tracy

It took me three emails to shake mine loose from the flood of fellow backers. Keep trying, by headphones or speakers this little matchbox sounds FINE! Oh so fine.....

JohnR

That's weird... maybe start a thread on their forum asking Gavin to look into ticket #N?

Big Red Machine

That's weird... maybe start a thread on their forum asking Gavin to look into ticket #N?

Good idea. Hopefully someone comes to the rescue.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
I have tried emailing Gavin Fish directly with no luck.  I have emailed using the "Reply" to the original email thanking me for my $159 -
Gavin Fish says: Dear Randy, I wanted to take the time to thank you for backing my campaign. THANK YOU!
- (back on August 21, 2013)

I have emailed using the link that Mike Galusha recommended (cs@lhlabs.com)... again, no luck.

It took me three emails to shake mine loose from the flood of fellow backers. Keep trying, by headphones or speakers this little matchbox sounds FINE! Oh so fine.....

Maybe so.... HOWEVER, why do I need to track these yahoos down!  They certainly did not waste any time in taking my original $159.  To get no response from three different email avenues is just ridiculous.  I will now try the "trouble ticket" with Manny, whoever the hell he is and see if I get any traction.

I do appreciate everyone's suggestions but this will be my last "Kickstarter".  From now on, I will pay more for a finished product or just wait for someone to sell their unit used.  And not because I haven't yet received my unit but because I have gotten no replies to any emails that I have sent.

Regards,

Randy

JohnR

Fair comments, Randy.

FWIW the other KickStarter campaign I've backed was Jim Hagerman's Bugle 2 and it was delivered on time and without fuss.

A bit hard to know in advance though...

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Fair comments, Randy.

FWIW the other KickStarter campaign I've backed was Jim Hagerman's Bugle 2 and it was delivered on time and without fuss.

A bit hard to know in advance though...

Also fair comments John.  You know what they say... "Never say never".  Maybe, I will participate again depending on who the vendor is as there are certainly good ones right here on AC.  But even that does not insure success.  You are right... it is hard to have a crystal ball on these campaigns.

Regards,

Randy

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Good luck to you, Randy.  I've had mine for a few weeks, but I was an early contributor.  I'm also in for a tricked out Geek Pulse and it is seeing delays like the first product.  I will never (and should never) take an original estimated ship date as anything other than a guess for crowdfunded products.

BradJudy

Delays and lack of communication can be frustrating, but they are common on Kickstarter for a variety of reasons (people new to building a product, overwhelmed by responses, business not mature enough to deal with the process, etc.). 

I have backed 41 projects on Kickstarter and have seen the following results:

• Two will likely never deliver anything - people got in over the heads and couldn't work it out
  • Three are more than a year behind schedule, but I think will eventually deliver (one is delayed because the book was picked up by a major publishing house who then set a new timeline)
  • Delays of 2-4 months are standard - most people on Kickstarter are either doing a new business or new product/project and they fail to pad their estimates enough for unexpected complications
  • Communication is all over the map - some have been great about regular updates and others are nearly silent.  Usually the number of updates during fundraising is a good indication of the amount of communication during production/delivery, but not always
  • Established businesses tend to deliver closer to the estimated dates, especially those who are working with existing business partners (suppliers, manufacturers, etc) rather than new ones

So far I have yet to see a project deliver an item to only a portion of their backers.