Super-V's for sale.

Danny Richie

Super-V's for sale.
« on: 15 Jun 2014, 07:02 pm »
I have a customer that is selling off a lot of his audio gear, and is offering up his Super-V's at a really good price.

It was a Silver pair that I assembled with all the best parts. Pics below. And he is only asked $4,500 Sold for them.

So all of you guys that are often asking for for these and looking for used ones.... Now is your chance.

More info here: http://gr-research.com/super-v.aspx
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2014, 06:51 pm by Danny Richie »

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
Re: Super-V's for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2014, 07:11 pm »
Where is he located Danny?

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2014, 09:42 pm »
Where is he located Danny?

Southern Fort Worth, Texas.

ben66

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2014, 03:42 am »
Could these travel in the back of a large SUV?

I am in Houston and would be interested in driving up to get them around July 11 or 12.

Ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2014, 03:30 pm »

I am in Houston and would be interested in driving up to get them around July 11 or 12.

Ben

Sure, no problem.

And welcome to AC.

Philistine

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2014, 05:32 pm »

Ben

I bought a pair of completed Super-V's a few months ago.
The seller had them in the rear of a Prius and I put them in the back of a Highlander, including the plate amps, so you should have no problem.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2014, 03:06 pm »
Price reduced to $4,000. That is quite a deal!

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul 2014, 05:26 pm »
Still available and this is a beautiful pair.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2014, 05:09 pm »
The owner of these needs to move them and has said that he'd take $3,500 for them. That's a really good deal. I think I had to pay $3,000 just to have the cabinets made.

These speakers are still near the top of my list for fun speakers to listen to. And nothing really touches them for dynamics and bass response.

ben66

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2014, 04:29 am »
I have been interested in these speakers for a few years but I have never heard them.
What condition is this pair in?
I could potentially drive up from Houston on Saturday, Aug 2.

Would the seller please PM me?

Thanks,

Ben

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2014, 05:07 pm »
That is insanely great value. I wouldn't sell my Super Vs for twice that.

tiger town

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2014, 12:00 am »
Did you get my reply?  Please let me know

bdp24

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2014, 04:58 pm »
The Servo subs alone are worth that much! Too bad my move to Austin isn't quite ready to go yet.

fridays

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2014, 02:11 am »
How hard would these be to repaint, having never heard them could be a bit of a gamble
Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2014, 02:10 pm »
How hard would these be to repaint, having never heard them could be a bit of a gamble
Thanks

These are a beautiful color right now. However, the side panels are screwed and bolted on and could be removed and re-painted.

morganc

« Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2014, 04:09 pm »
Thanks

Where do you live?  You may find someone near you that will let you audition.  I have a pair in SF. 

fridays

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jul 2014, 01:29 am »
I'm in the middle of nowhere Iowa

RCduck7

« Reply #17 on: 19 Jul 2014, 09:24 pm »
Come these with the Jupiter caps on the tweeter??
The tweeters on these are pretty big, aren't they 34mm??
Don't get me wrong these are one of the best designed speakers from what i read but big tweeters won't sound that sweet or refined as planar tweeters or the smaller tweeters in general, or do they?? If yes, then how? Because the tweeter is back firing?? How compares that with front firing tweeters?
It's been 2 years I'm considering Super V's...Did you consider sending the speakers overseas to Europe??

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 2014, 03:40 am »
Come these with the Jupiter caps on the tweeter??
The tweeters on these are pretty big, aren't they 34mm??
Don't get me wrong these are one of the best designed speakers from what i read but big tweeters won't sound that sweet or refined as planar tweeters or the smaller tweeters in general, or do they?? If yes, then how? Because the tweeter is back firing?? How compares that with front firing tweeters?
It's been 2 years I'm considering Super V's...Did you consider sending the speakers overseas to Europe??

I do not recall if these have the Jupiter caps are not.

The tweeters are big and it is a big advantage as well. They play down to a 1kHz crossover point. So when comparing other speakers keep in mind that from 1kHz to 2.5kHz or higher you are comparing the quality and resolution of the Super-V tweeter to the woofer or mid-bass woofer of other designs with small tweeters.

They are not just rear firing. They play out the front and the back of the speaker. They are an open baffle speaker top to bottom.

If someone in Europe is willing to cover the shipping cost then shipping them there is no problem.

RCduck7

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jul 2014, 05:32 pm »
I like your B&G planar tweeters and i believe they go down to 1800 hz. Not as low as the Super-V's tweeter but still lower then most.
In that regard, are these Super-V tweeters somewhat comparable to the B&G planar tweeters?? In resolution and easy on the  ears. Or is it a very different story and meaningless to compare these?

And do these servo amps work with 220 volt?? Pictures of the amp's power socket suggest they do but i ask to be sure.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2014, 07:09 pm by RCduck7 »