Enjoy the Music @ New Port Beach

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Enjoy the Music @ New Port Beach
« on: 1 Jun 2014, 07:26 am »
Read their comment:

Von Schweikert's new VR-100 XS took many years to bring into final production ($140,000). This four-piece speaker system features two main towers and two outboard subwoofer modules. In addition to their holographic sound projection, the Von Schweikert VS-100XS includes built-in bass room correction to eliminate undesirable room nodes. In fact the overall design aspects of this new speaker system have six patents pending! There are 20 drivers, all employing metal alloy construction with ceramic dampening. The drivers are time and phase aligned, whilst the cardioid/omni radiation patters ensures ‘surround capability’. The sound was breath-taking! If you are here at T.H.E. Show you must give them a proper listen.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/the_show_newport_2014/part1/page2.htm

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Enjoy the Music @ New Port Beach
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2014, 03:20 pm »
..very cool Cor!  :thumb:

gme109

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2014, 03:54 pm »
I'm curious as to what the associated equipment was in this system?

kernelbob

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2014, 11:35 pm »
Those were the Constellation monoblocks.  They're an excellent match with the VR100XS and illuminate the speakers' coherence, speed (the fastest tightest bass I've ever heard), and ultra low distortion drivers.

gme109

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm »
Those were the Constellation monoblocks.  They're an excellent match with the VR100XS and illuminate the speakers' coherence, speed (the fastest tightest bass I've ever heard), and ultra low distortion drivers.

Ah, I heard that same setup in Denver.

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2014, 02:00 am »
I was very impressed with the results Albert and crew achieved in Newport, large speakers in those small rooms can be disastrous but they had things well tamed, no bass boom and very clear. Enjoyed my time in the Van Schweikert room a lot.