In praise of Sedona Sky Sound…

Double Ugly

In praise of Sedona Sky Sound…
« on: 24 Aug 2004, 06:49 pm »
Through a bizarre set of circumstances, I found myself in Corpus Christi, Texas this past weekend with time to kill and nothing on the agenda.  I knew Sedona Sky Sound was located just 4-hours up the road, so I contacted Julian Turner Friday night and made arrangements to drop by his place Saturday afternoon.  

I won’t bore you with the details, but a thunderstorm knocked-out the power less than 2 minutes into the audition.  Over the course of the next 4 hours, Julian and his lovely wife Emily made me feel completely at home and at ease.  I hinted a number of times that perhaps I should leave, but Julian would’ve hear of it.  Even after I’d given up and left, Julian called me 10 minutes down the road to tell me the power had been restored.  Bear in mind that it’s 9:30 p.m., and I have Julian asking me to come back to his home to listen to speakers.  How much more accommodating or dedicated can you get?!?

I did go back, and I listened to the RM/Xs and RM-40s until almost 1 am.  I’m glad I got to hear the speakers, but I am blessed to have been afforded the time to get to know Julian and Emily.  They are wonderful, wonderful people and I strongly encourage anyone interested in VMPS speakers to consider giving Julian a call.  His listening room is truly state-of-the-art, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more knowledgeable or more pleasant person to deal with.

Thank you, Julian and Emily, for making my time with you so enjoyable.  I hope I have an opportunity to reciprocate someday.

Best regards,

DU