What ever happened to the BOT?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BOT
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2014, 09:43 am »
What ever happened to the BOT?

Chris is still working on it and I believe we have metal work coming so we can build a few prototypes.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2014, 10:56 am »
So what exactly is this product? I've seen it mentioned before but have forgotten what it is.

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2014, 11:01 am »
So what exactly is this product? I've seen it mentioned before but have forgotten what it is.

Thanks

ME too :scratch:  :lol:

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2014, 01:55 am »
Sorry, BOT what?

:wink:

bruinsfan72

« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2014, 03:28 am »
Hi Chris and James. Is there a final answer as to whether or not the Bot will work with the Bdp-1?  I have been holding off on the purchase of a quality digital player until that decision is finalized. Thanks for any info

Brian

1ZIP

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2014, 05:57 am »
Better question(s) would be is there actually going to be a BOT and when?  Doesn't sound like it's much of a priority.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2014, 09:58 am »
Hi

Yes it would work with the BDP 1 and 2.  Chris has some prototype boards coming soon and after we build a unit we will decide if it is a go or not.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2014, 07:44 pm »
Hi

Yes it would work with the BDP 1 and 2.  Chris has some prototype boards coming soon and after we build a unit we will decide if it is a go or not.

james
[/quote

Hi James!

From what I have gathered while exchanging a few comments with Chris, BOT-1 is supposed to be an eSATA device. Is this no longer true? Chris told me you were trying to keep things as simple as possible and that the way to do that was to keep the eSATA interface the internal optical drive comes equipped with. Now, if BOT is going to be used with BDP-1, that means it will be equipped with USB interface. Am I correct?

I was also wondering about the price. When we talked about the BOT last year, the price mentioned was around 1400 $ but a few months ago Chris told me it would be more similar to BUC-1 at 800 $.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2014, 08:27 pm »
Hi

james
[/quote

Hi James!

From what I have gathered while exchanging a few comments with Chris, BOT-1 is supposed to be an eSATA device. Is this no longer true? Chris told me you were trying to keep things as simple as possible and that the way to do that was to keep the eSATA interface the internal optical drive comes equipped with. Now, if BOT is going to be used with BDP-1, that means it will be equipped with USB interface. Am I correct?

I was also wondering about the price. When we talked about the BOT last year, the price mentioned was around 1400 $ but a few months ago Chris told me it would be more similar to BUC-1 at 800 $.

Cheers!
Antun

Yes we are trying to make it USB compatible.

Honestly no idea on price but $1400 sounds well within the range.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2014, 02:00 am »
Hi Chris and James. Is there a final answer as to whether or not the Bot will work with the Bdp-1?  I have been holding off on the purchase of a quality digital player until that decision is finalized. Thanks for any info

Brian

Making the bot BDP-1 compatible is the current hold up in the project.

Cheers
Chris