Reviving a Project

joshotron

Reviving a Project
« on: 28 May 2014, 03:37 am »
Hi everyone,

When I was in High School, my physics class, like many physics classes I’m sure, did a speaker project. This project recently came to mind after several years, and I thought it would be fun and interesting to revive this project in a way.

I went through the trouble of contacting my old partner in the project, and getting the speakers from him, which were just sitting in his garage for several years. There is minimal damage, mostly just dust, except for one damaged driver which I am replacing, and the crossover fell apart. Basically what I’m wanting to know first of all, is whether to resume work on this project and salvage whats in tact, or if it wouldn’t be worth it. And secondly, what would need to be done in order to get the speakers up an functioning. Another obviously significant factor is the fact that I learned this stuff awhile back, and have forgotten most of what I learned then. I will give the specifications below to the best of my ability.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time and advice.

Drivers:
Tweeters: Two 842001 drivers
Mid: Two 5” aluminum 55-1870 drivers
Sub: An unknown 10”

Crossover Components:
Resistors: Two 25w 20ohm
Capacitors: Two 6uF 400v
Magnet Wire: Two different sized spools no longer bearing any markings