SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with upgraded tubes

peabody

SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with upgraded tubes
« on: 24 May 2014, 01:24 am »
For sale is my mint condition Modwright Oppo BDP-95.  I am the original owner and am asking $1700 plus shipping.  I'm including a pair of Sophia Electric 6SN7 tubes with very low hours (around 30) and the upgraded umbilical cord.

The stock Oppo is a great sounding player but Dan's mods take it to an all new level.  Modifications include:
  • Removal of all feedback-based op-amp analog circuit.
  • Direct coupling of DAC output to ModWright’s I-V circuit.
  • Direct coupling of I-V circuit to ModWright’s fully balanced 6SN7 based Class A tube stage
  • Top quality parts throughout, including MWI capacitors and Takman Japanese carbon film resistors.
  • External tube-rectified high-voltage tube supply powers ModWright tube analog stage.
  • ‘Truth’ umbilical between external tube supply and player provides clean and pure DC power for improved detail, dynamics and soundstage.
  • Upgrades to stock digital power supplies for lower jitter and less digital edge.
  • Enclosure and drive vibration damping for lower jitter and less digital glare.
Included in the sale, in all the original boxes is:
  • Modwright Oppo
  • PS 9.0 Power supply
  • Modwright umbilical cord ($200 upgrade)
  • Pair of Sophia Electric 6SN7 tubes ($200 value)
  • Stock tubes
  • Manual and remote
Local pickup welcome - I'm in Ocean, NJ (07712 zip).

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm by peabody »

peabody

Re: FS: Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with upgraded tubes
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2014, 12:12 am »
Will also sell for $1550 with stock tubes.  That's the lowest price I've ever seen for a Modwright Oppo BDP-95 and a screaming bargain. :D

peabody

Re: FS: Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with upgraded tubes
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2014, 07:58 pm »
Bump