Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Headphone audiophile contest
« on: 17 May 2014, 04:58 pm »
The guys from down under, came this time with a contest:
http://www.bursonaudio.com/creations/

My skills with design/photography are not the best but i may give it a shot.  :D

steve in jersey

Re: Headphone audiophile contest
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2014, 05:39 pm »
If the prize is an Auralic Taurus or Bryston BHA I'll give this a shot. (Sorry, could'nt help myself. I have the Senn HD800 & a Burson Soloist... It works, but the HD800 are a better match w/ either a balanced HPA or a
"real" tubed HPA.(not the "inexpensive" tube HPAs. The Soloist chews those up for snacks)

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 01:41 pm »
They don't even mention there what the prize is. Maybe there isn't one, like some "contests" that have taken place here.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2014, 10:09 pm »
If the prize is an Auralic Taurus or Bryston BHA I'll give this a shot. (Sorry, could'nt help myself. I have the Senn HD800 & a Burson Soloist... It works, but the HD800 are a better match w/ either a balanced HPA or a
"real" tubed HPA.(not the "inexpensive" tube HPAs. The Soloist chews those up for snacks)

Matter of taste. I've enjoyed single ended amps with sennhs, and disliked a few tube designs as well. In this case, you can take the money  :thumb:

They don't even mention there what the prize is. Maybe there isn't one, like some "contests" that have taken place here.

If you follow the link, there's a $300 prize or $500 store credit which is not bad in my opinion  :)