Emerald Physics CS2P Review - Video

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Emerald Physics CS2P Review - Video
« on: 14 May 2014, 02:46 am »
Hey GR Gang... 

This has been one of the more difficult reviews but I wanted to share... if you wanna check it out, link is after the blurb

"While the CS2P didn’t quite win me over in the detail department, they certainly pack a heck of a dynamic punch, and soundstage, that is going to be tough to beat. The dedicated listener willing to make the space required to accommodate these speakers, will hear what “almost live” can sound like. While the top end could be a little more detailed, the mid-range was a strong point and female vocals shined the most with these speakers. This marks New Record Day’s firs foray into open-baffle design and we’re excited to have you along for the ride."
-New Record Day

Complete review here:

http://newrecordday.com/cs2p/

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

-Ron

New Record Day

PS: Next up...  The LGK's!!!

Danny Richie

Re: Emerald Physics CS2P Review - Video
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2014, 06:52 pm »
You know, I am a speaker guy. So unless a speaker really captures my attention with an aspect that I am interested in I rarely read an entire speaker review. However, the video review held my attention and I listened to the whole review. I found it a refreshing departure from a printed review. And I think your video reviews are very professionally narrated and put together. Nicely done.

Bringing in other listeners gave a nice balance as well. I think it gives the review more validity than a typical written review that is just one guys opinion.

Another thing that you did that adds real perspective is that you made a comparative to something else. I think reviews have more value when as many real comparatives as possible can be made. This allows a real benchmark and allows one to judge where it fits or where its strengths and weaknesses are. Too often a written review is just gushy fluff and its hard to get a real feel for how it compares to something else. I like that personally and would encourage more of that in your reviews.

:thumb:

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2014, 08:22 pm »
You know, I am a speaker guy. So unless a speaker really captures my attention with an aspect that I am interested in I rarely read an entire speaker review. However, the video review held my attention and I listened to the whole review. I found it a refreshing departure from a printed review. And I think your video reviews are very professionally narrated and put together. Nicely done.

Bringing in other listeners gave a nice balance as well. I think it gives the review more validity than a typical written review that is just one guys opinion.

Another thing that you did that adds real perspective is that you made a comparative to something else. I think reviews have more value when as many real comparatives as possible can be made. This allows a real benchmark and allows one to judge where it fits or where its strengths and weaknesses are. Too often a written review is just gushy fluff and its hard to get a real feel for how it compares to something else. I like that personally and would encourage more of that in your reviews.

:thumb:

Thanks Danny!

Really appreciate the kind words and feedback... 

Rubbbq

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2014, 09:06 pm »
Good stuff, keep it up :D

persisting1

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2014, 09:43 pm »
I like that you point out your lack of experience with a particular piece of equipment (OB speakers). This does not weaken the review. If anything, it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't pretend they know everything.

Keep them coming  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2014, 09:54 pm »
Very instructive videos with the SPL metter.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2014, 12:02 am »

Listened to all of it. Well done and agree with all the points Danny made.

Rocket_Ronny

Guy 13

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2014, 02:04 am »
Hi all.
I am a user of open baffle speakers
and I've enjoyed the review, well done.
Thanks.

Guy 13