ALL SOLD : 1,700+ LP Classical Music Collection For Sale

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
ALL SOLD : Helping a friend sell his 1,700+ LP classical music collection.

All reasonable offers considered, whether for the whole collection, lots, or individual records.  Obviously the more you buy, the better the deal!

Please email me at jarcherpgh@yahoo.com for an excel spreadsheet of the catalog.  The spreadsheet has two tables : the first with 1,350+ titles in the composer / work category.  The second table, "Misc", consists of 350+ titles that don't fit in the usual one composer / work category, or otherwise may be folk, musical, choral, soundtrack or "other" works.

Many of the records are in still-sealed (SS) condition and most of the rest are in good to very good condition.  Aside from those in SS condition, I have not individually tried to grade the records in the notes section of the catalog.  If you have any questions about the condition of particular titles you are interested in, please let me know.

Payment by Paypal preferred, but other forms of payment accepted as well.

Shipping for up to 6 LPs is $5 via USPS media mail in a dedicated LP mailer carton to anywhere in the US (including Alaska & Hawaii).  Greater quantities, or other forms of mailing (USPS Priority / UPS / Fedex), will be quoted on request.

Alternatively, if you're in the Arlington, VA area and want to stop by, browse, and / or pick up in person, let me know & come on by!

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2014, 06:49 pm by jarcher »

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: 1,700+ LP Classical Music Collection For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2014, 01:47 am »
Weekly bump.  Still a lot of great music available at very reasonable prices.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2014, 08:25 pm »
Great LPs at very reasonable prices in need of a new home!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2014, 06:54 pm »
Weekly bump.  Happy customers so far.  Become one!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:13 pm »
Many great LPs left at low prices.  Makes a great cheap gift as well!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:27 pm »
I'm not personally in the market but if I were I would foremost like to know what albums are being offered.  I know that's a hassle but I think that's how you get offers.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2014, 10:10 pm »
It is a hassle : I spent some +80hrs developing an extensive catalog for this collection that interested parties can happily avail themselves of by pm'ing me or sending me an email at jarcherpgh@yahoo.com. Or are you suggesting that I list out al 1,700 titles in a post here? I thought th excel spreadsheet would be more efficient as users can sort / search / etc to quickly and easily find what they are looking for.

Titles are available individually, in groups  or the whole collection at reasonable and low asking prices.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2014, 02:50 am »
I hadn't realized what you had done.  Sounds like a good plan to me.   

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: ALL SOLD : 1,700+ LP Classical Music Collection For Sale
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2014, 06:50 pm »
ALL SOLD - thank you craigslist.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2014, 06:59 pm »
ALL SOLD - thank you craigslist.
Do you mind sharing what it went for?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2014, 08:59 pm »
I'd like to know, also.  Thank you.  There will come a time I will be selling off my collection and would like to know whatever particulars you will share.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2014, 10:50 pm »
Way too little for the time and effort : $600 for about 1600 titles, 2000lps. Person bought to re-sell, but still...
I got a decent # of requests for the catalog - on which I spent +80hrs on - but only three other sales  other than the final one in the month the collection was up for sale.

Maybe I was just unlucky or should have held out longer for a better offer, but my suggestion : got a lot of classical lps?  Unless you pull out particular rare / desirable classical lps for individual sale, best thing financially is to just dump them at Goodwill / Salvation Army and over value for tax deduction purposes. Or if your a Good Samaritan, give them to someone or a school / college music library that might appreciate them.  Used record stores don't want classical lps, and if they do will likely give you less than 25 cents an Lp.  Shlepping around a large record collection is also a back breaker.

YMMV yada yada.

Photon46

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2014, 11:13 am »
Anyone in the midwest looking to unload lp's in excellent condition should contact Ebay seller MeanGene5. He buys collections that are well taken care of. I've bought from him for years and he's an honest and ethical dealer.