Once Upon A Time In Mexico
The Missing
The Guns Of Navarone
UNDERWORLD

Oh Boy  :D

bubba966

Re: New Superbit Titles
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2004, 12:30 am »
This was moved from the HT circle as this topic isn't hardware related.

Quote from: mca
Just read on DVD Talk the following Superbit movies will be released on 10/26:

S.W.A.T.
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
The Missing
The Guns Of Navarone
UNDERWORLD

Oh Boy  :D

Haven't seen The Missing, or Guns Of Navarone, so I've no clue if either of those are any good.

S.W.A.T. & Mexico were pretty bad IMO.

And Underworld huh? I'd guessed it'd happen in January. It's about F'in time Sony got off their ass and SB'd Underworld! :thumb:  :thumb:

bubba966

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2004, 12:35 am »
Hmm. Looks like we're getting this too on 10/26...

ampgalore

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2004, 12:41 am »
Are they going to come out with an extended edition Underworld? I hope that will be on the superbit as well.

When is the sequel to Underworld coming out?

Woodsea

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2004, 01:18 am »
From what I have read at AVS the superbit Underworld is original cut, and not extended.

Ears

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2004, 01:28 am »
Quote from: Woodsea
From what I have read at AVS the superbit Underworld is original cut, and not extended.

That sounds about the way all SB's are... usually studio cuts whith DTS.

In the case of Cliffhanger, I will definitly go for the DTS and anamorphic transfer over the old version I have.

bubba966

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2004, 01:29 am »
Quote from: ampgalore
Are they going to come out with an extended edition Underworld? I hope that will be on the superbit as well.

As has already been mentioned, it looks to be the Theatrical cut that's on the upcoming SB release.

I personally thought the extended cut wasn't as bad video or audio wise as theatrical cut was. So It's not such a big deal that the SB release isn't the extended cut.

Quote from: ampgalore
When is the sequel to Underworld coming out?

Looks to be sometime in September/October of 2005.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Superbit Titles
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2004, 01:30 am »
Cliffhanger- An avalanche of thrills! :lol:

bubba966

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2004, 01:44 am »
Quote from: Ears
In the case of Cliffhanger, I will definitly go for the DTS and anamorphic transfer over the old version I have.

Was Cliffhanger not anamorphic on DVD?

The only copy I have is an anamorphic LaserDisc. Unfortunately the transfer on that particular disc is nasty. The audio on it kicks ass though. I might actually pick up the SB release of Cliffhanger. Sure, it's cheesy & bad. But it's good cheese... :wink:  :lol:

Ears

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2004, 03:37 pm »
Quote from: bubba966
Quote from: Ears

Was Cliffhanger not anamorphic on DVD?

The only copy I have is an anamorphic LaserDisc. Unfortunately the transfer on that particular disc is nasty. The audio on it kicks ass though. I might actually pick up the SB release of Cliffhanger. Sure, it's cheesy & bad. But it's good cheese... :wink:  :lol:

The original copy I have on dvd  may be anamorphic, but it looks terrible... you can see the potential in parts of the movie for a decent picture.
There has been at least one re-master since the disc I have, but I am glad I waited for the SB version,

Cliffhanger = good cheese
A VS p =  cheese gone bad.

Ears

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2004, 03:38 pm »
I would say that A vs P is so cheesy that its like the cheese after digestion, and on exit  :lol:

bubba966

New Superbit Titles
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2004, 07:11 am »

This will be available on 11/30/04, along with the regular 2 disc editions.

So, you'll be able to choose between a SB version w/no extras, or a 2 disc version w/extras on the same day and for the same price.

What's a guy to do? :scratch:

Ya gotta have the SB version for quality reasons. But are the extras worth getting a whole addition copy? :tempted: