LSAF

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
LSAF
« on: 5 May 2014, 01:32 am »
Just got back from the LSAF a little while ago. While there was not a really large number of vendors this year, I enjoyed the festival and experienced three firsts for me: tube amps, a line source array and open baffle speakers.

I now understand what those of you who have been touting the virtues of OB have been talking about. The next pair of speakers I build for myself are going to be OB. Of course that won't be until after I finish building the five pairs of speakers I have promised to build for other folks. On the upside, maybe Danny will have some of his new OB designs ready.

Also, I have taken an initial step into the world of tube amps with a 5wpc integrated dual mono block tube amp from OddWatt called a PODDWATT.  I'm going to set it up initially driving the N1Xs. While this particular  unit is fully built (demo unit for the festival) the OddWatt amps are primarialy DIY kits.  If I end up liking the sound as much as I think I will, later on I will pick of a couple of 25wpc mono block kits and move the 5 watt amp into my office to power the LGKs.

Mike

Captainhemo

Re: LSAF
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2014, 04:03 am »
Glad you  enjoyed  the trip Mike .....

Great to hear you picked up a tube amp,  hope you enjoy it
Now I suggest you talk to Dave over at PI Audio,  I was blown away at  what my minibuss  has done  :o

-jay