Custom Made Turntable Covers from Stereo Squares

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
Custom Made Turntable Covers from Stereo Squares
« on: 26 Apr 2014, 08:42 pm »
I recently got an Acoustic Solid Wood MPX Turntable. I really wanted to get a dust cover for it, but this turntable is not among the most common, and finding accessories for it is even more of a challenge. I found Stereo Squares advertising custom-made covers on Audiogon, but they also have their own website here: http://stereosquares.com

Anyway, I contacted Norm there and exchanged several emails with him, providing some dimensions and a few drawings, since he had never made a cover for this type of turntable before. I have to say, he was extremely patient with me as I went through all of this information. I think I made him change the spec sheet he was working on for me 3 or 4 times before we had ironed out all of the details.

Anyway, got the cover yesterday, and I think he totally nailed it.

Fantastic work, IMO! Highly recommended if anyone is looking for custom acrylic work like this.

Ericus Rex

Re: Custom Made Turntable Covers from Stereo Squares
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2014, 08:55 pm »
Tricky fit with that motor.  Isn't it.  I love AS 'tables.

Q3Di

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2014, 09:16 pm »
JMK Displays also did a nice job for my cover.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm »
JMK Displays also did a nice job for my cover.

They did mine also. The main reason was they were about 100 bucks cheaper than Stereo Squares, sorry... :singing: but it still looks fantastic  :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2014, 12:56 am »
Contact info for JMK?

Austin08

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2014, 02:54 am »
Contact info for JMK?

I vote for JMK. They made the cover for my Clearaudio Concept and Rogue M180s. They were very well made and $100 cheaper than OEM cover. When I changed my table,  I regret to buy used Gingko cover. IMO, Gingko is over charged and their quality is not that great either.
Here is their link JMKdisplay

Q3Di

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2014, 02:54 am »
Contact info for JMK?

Contact Jay
JMK Displays Inc.
1237 Broadway
Darien Ctr. NY 14040
http://www.jmkdisplays.com/
1-585-547-9843
jaykaye38@yahoo.com

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2014, 03:00 am »
Thanks!

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2014, 04:50 pm »
Nice covers all around guys! I can't comment on JMKdisplay as I never heard of them until now. So I have no idea how the prices compare either. But I guess it's good to have choices.

All I know if that the communication and customer support from the folks at stereosquares made the whole process very easy for me to custom make this to my heart's desire. For me, that is a big thing. I am the type of customer that likes to ask a LOT of questions, to be involved in the decision-making process, make changes, etc. And they never became impatient with me throughout. In fact, I think it was odd for it to take longer than 15 or 30 minutes for them to get back to me with answers to any of my changes or questions. And I had a lot of specific requests in mind: Not just the overall height and dimensions. I didnt want a cover that would sit on the stereo rack, or directly on the plinth, exactly - I was looking for one that would wrap 'over' the plinth by about 3/4" to 1". So we created the little footing-spacers to hold the cover on the plinth top. I wanted them placed in very specific positions. And there were also some specific ways I wanted the cut-out in the rear corner to be made because of the way the motor is positioned in this model, as someone already noted. On top of that, I got the cover about 2 weeks earlier than I was expecting. I'm glad all of you like your covers as well. But I cant complain with what I got from www.stereosquares.com.

orthobiz

« Reply #9 on: 28 Apr 2014, 10:58 am »
How about a good supplier for hinges?

Paul