Remote Volume Control in modifications

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Remote Volume Control in modifications
« on: 18 Aug 2004, 04:08 am »
This has been one of the most popular inquiries in conjunction with our tube amp modifications. We are working on having a remote volume control as an option for many of the amplifiers and preamps we sell and/or modify.

At this time, there are very few products that will accomidate the physical size of the actual volume control in the original location. We are working on alternative options to be able to install these in such units as the Jolida 302/502 integrated tube amplifiers
 The Jolida JD801 is no problem and I will have one up and running by the end of next week. The Ming-Da preamps and most smaller amplifiers will have to be reworked to accept this modification.
 One last tidbit, I also have a custom passive preamp with remote control option becoming available. The non remote version has been used for some time now in the testing of our modified amplifiers and contains up to six inputs, optional ALPS balance control, various options for passive volume controls, subout, preout and two sets of preamp outputs.
 I will keep my "NEWS" page updated on my website as I do a bit more playing with various models and the remote option.