New Custom Color for the 9's.

fplanner2000

Re: New Custom Color for the 9's.
« Reply #20 on: 9 Apr 2014, 03:41 am »
Until they figure out how to build the cabinets, paint and lacquer them and then build the internal parts, including crossovers and drivers as well as additional bracing and amplification at my house, I'm willing to live with their process in order to get the best result.  :D

gammajo

« Reply #21 on: 9 Apr 2014, 07:42 am »
Compared to what - building a car, or a 10 year war?  :scratch:

gme109

« Reply #22 on: 9 Apr 2014, 01:18 pm »
Until they figure out how to build the cabinets, paint and lacquer them and then build the internal parts, including crossovers and drivers as well as additional bracing and amplification at my house, I'm willing to live with their process in order to get the best result.  :D

Guess I'm just wondering why the cabinets could not have been painted somewhere on the west coast, closer to VSA?
Plus any time you ship something, you run the risk of it being damaged in transit.

fplanner2000

« Reply #23 on: 9 Apr 2014, 03:27 pm »
I guess when you have your own speaker company, you can have your speakers painted wherever you want.  I don't question how VSA does things.  I figure that after being in business for 30+ years, they probably know what they are doing.  They don't have to justify their business practices to me, a repeat customer of their higher end speakers, nor anyone else.  As long as I continue to get incredibly well-built and great sounding speakers, I really don't care about how they do it.  Nor should anyone else, especially people who are not even VSA customers.   :D

gme109

« Reply #24 on: 9 Apr 2014, 11:01 pm »
I am a VSA customer. And it goes without saying, that they can do whatever they want.

I guess when you have your own speaker company, you can have your speakers painted wherever you want.  I don't question how VSA does things.  I figure that after being in business for 30+ years, they probably know what they are doing.  They don't have to justify their business practices to me, a repeat customer of their higher end speakers, nor anyone else.  As long as I continue to get incredibly well-built and great sounding speakers, I really don't care about how they do it.  Nor should anyone else, especially people who are not even VSA customers.   :D

fplanner2000

« Reply #25 on: 9 Apr 2014, 11:17 pm »
Exactly.  Thank you for being so concerned about my speakers.  :icon_lol:

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #26 on: 9 May 2014, 02:00 pm »
1 month later, any update? :)

fplanner2000

« Reply #27 on: 9 May 2014, 02:30 pm »
Still waiting.  Cabinets supposedly due in to VSA this am from fabricator/painter.  If that happens, I should have them in about 2 weeks.
Thanks for asking.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #28 on: 9 May 2014, 02:34 pm »
Green with envy Harve but the idea of a 2nd mortgage at my age just isn't appealing  :duh:  :lol:  :green:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #29 on: 9 May 2014, 03:11 pm »
..just to follow up, if I were to buy one of Albert's big boys it would be the 9s.  I love the look and even though having never heard them no doubt they're essentially my VR5s annies on steroids.  The one thing that I really like about my 5s is running them with a pr of subs properly placed along the front wall creates a massive sound stage.  Not to ruffle feathers but having separate subs rather than in the towers IMO improves sound staging.  Having said that however I lust after the 9s.  You are a lucky dude Harve  :thumb:

violetmachan

« Reply #30 on: 29 May 2014, 09:34 pm »
hi harve
have you dropped your champagne supernova !!!
noted a highly customised vr9se mark 2 sealed for sale with higherfi

mhconley

« Reply #31 on: 29 May 2014, 09:48 pm »
hi harve
have you dropped your champagne supernova !!!
noted a highly customised vr9se mark 2 sealed for sale with higherfi

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-von-schweikert-vr-9se-mk-ii-new-sealed-in-crates-5yr-warranty-trades-ok-2014-05-29-speakers-33920

Maybe they're the ones that were messed up...  Very interesting.  They're supposedly in Alva, FL, about 10 miles from me.  I've always wondered about this HigherFi guy - he's selling megabuck equipment out of a middle-class suburban Florida home.

Martin

fplanner2000

« Reply #32 on: 29 May 2014, 10:08 pm »
They are MINE.  The Ad is very accurate. :D  Decided to go in another direction.

mhconley

« Reply #33 on: 29 May 2014, 10:50 pm »
They are MINE.  The Ad is very accurate. :D  Decided to go in another direction.

Wow...  If I had $70k available I'd be there tonight.  :D  Inquiring minds want to know... sticking within the family or ???

Martin

fplanner2000

« Reply #34 on: 29 May 2014, 11:23 pm »
Different family.

The speakers turned out really nice and somebody will obviously be getting a great deal - they are about as "tricked out" as VSA gets.

SundayNiagara

« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2014, 06:53 am »
So, what are you getting?

fplanner2000

« Reply #36 on: 30 May 2014, 08:39 am »
I prefer to keep this info to myself, at least until I get them, which may be several months away.  I will say they are also world-class speakers and that I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to acquire them.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #37 on: 31 May 2014, 02:57 pm »
Definitely a WTF moment  :scratch:

gme109

« Reply #38 on: 31 May 2014, 03:10 pm »
Different family.

The speakers turned out really nice and somebody will obviously be getting a great deal - they are about as "tricked out" as VSA gets.

Did you have a chance to listen to them first, before deciding to jump ship?

gme109

« Reply #39 on: 1 Jun 2014, 12:49 pm »
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-von-schweikert-vr-9se-mk-ii-new-sealed-in-crates-5yr-warranty-trades-ok-2014-05-29-speakers-33920

Maybe they're the ones that were messed up...  Very interesting.  They're supposedly in Alva, FL, about 10 miles from me.  I've always wondered about this HigherFi guy - he's selling megabuck equipment out of a middle-class suburban Florida home.

Martin

I don't believe they are in Alva, FL. The ad says they ship from Cherry Hills Village, CO.