New Custom Color for the 9's.

fplanner2000

New Custom Color for the 9's.
« on: 30 Mar 2014, 05:44 pm »
I have just received some pics of my 9's in Pre-build form, thanks to Devon.  The Lexus Metallic Champagne color turned out even better than I thought it would.  I am attaching a few pics here for those who might be curious.  :thumb:   Even thought there Appear to be several different shades, I've been assured they are uniform throughout -  just lighting tricks.  I really like that you can clearly see the lines of the speakers - very nice. :D

htradtk

Re: New Custom Color for the 9's.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2014, 06:02 pm »
Absolutely stunning!! I'm sure you can't wait to get them, when? Keep us posted. If I ever come into some $$$, they are my next speaker. Please post some pics when you get them set up in your system.

Henry

roxito

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2014, 07:59 pm »
neat ! look forward to more pics on arrival.

fplanner2000

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2014, 08:03 pm »
Thanks guys!  Looks like it might take a bit longer than planned as we hit a bit of a paint glitch that will probably need to be corrected before the build continues.  I like this color much better than the black or silver choices and it should fit into my room very well. :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2014, 02:16 am »
HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!!!!  Yeah, I love how metallic finishes highlight the facets of 9s. Looking good.

I spy a 111 tower on its side in the background  :icon_twisted:

fplanner2000

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2014, 03:07 am »
The black one to the left?

kernelbob

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2014, 03:12 am »
When I magnified the image, it looked like one of my VR100 towers.  Mine are Steinway piano black.  The  VR111 tower is taller than the VR100.

JackD201

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2014, 07:23 am »
About 2 feet taller. Sorry for the Hi-Jackin' Harve.

I can't wait to see your speakers when they are completed.

steve f

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2014, 08:39 am »
The speakers are beautiful. You know what would be cool? A video of the cnc panel cuts, fitting them together, and finish work. This is world class stuff and showing off a bit of your craftsmen's skill would be appreciated by the forum members.

Steve

fplanner2000

« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2014, 10:47 pm »
I can't wait either on getting the speakers, but this paint thing is a real bummer.  They have to go all the way back to CT to be touched up and resprayed, among other things.  This will push delivery back at least another 3 weeks, since they have to go ground due to the ridiculous air pricing. 1 week there, 1 week to get back, 1 week to fix.  GGGRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... :duh:

htradtk

« Reply #10 on: 1 Apr 2014, 09:51 pm »
Just remember, good things come to those who wait. I'm sure you will have a blast breaking them in, wish I could join you. :thumb:

Henry

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #11 on: 2 Apr 2014, 05:49 pm »
WOW, they look awesome already 8). Those 3 weeks extra will fly!

fplanner2000

« Reply #12 on: 2 Apr 2014, 11:36 pm »
Thanks!  Seem like they will be much easier to take care of than my previous gloss black 7's.  Understand that its not that they will be HERE is 3 weeks, but that it will be 3 additional weeks, in addition to at least another week of build time plus 4 days travel to me.  THAT's what's so frustrating..... :duh:  I'm pretty sure they'll sound great, etc.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #13 on: 4 Apr 2014, 09:10 pm »
HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!!!!  Yeah, I love how metallic finishes highlight the facets of 9s. Looking good.

I spy a 111 tower on its side in the background  :icon_twisted:

I hope someone yelled "TIMBER" when that sucker fell over!  :lol:

WireNut

« Reply #14 on: 4 Apr 2014, 09:15 pm »
Holy cow those look so good  :o  :drool:

gammajo

« Reply #15 on: 4 Apr 2014, 09:59 pm »
They look terrific! Wishing you many happy years with them. I sympathize on the delays - when I sent my VR4's across country for VR5 upgrade in seemed end;less (though really just a few weeks) Remember in this hobby, patience sweetens passion!
Joe

fplanner2000

« Reply #16 on: 4 Apr 2014, 11:11 pm »
Thanks guys for the kind words.  That's a good line Joe, about patience.  I just hope the speakers come back from the painter with the blemishes corrected and looking pristine.  That was definitely NOT the case the first time, unfortunately. 

I appreciate the sentiments from my fellow VSA members - it makes this "ordeal" a lot less painful.... :thumb:

kernelbob

« Reply #17 on: 5 Apr 2014, 04:30 pm »
A version of the quote I remember is "anticipation sweetens desire".

fplanner2000

« Reply #18 on: 8 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm »
The good news - speakers delivered today to the painter on the East Coast.  The more I think about this, the happier I am that I have been and am doing business with VSA.  I don't know of another speaker company that would go to these lengths, on their own, to assure such a perfect paint job.  Its true that I have to wait a bit longer, but in the grand scheme of things, I know I can trust VSA to give me a great product.

gme109

« Reply #19 on: 9 Apr 2014, 03:21 am »
The good news - speakers delivered today to the painter on the East Coast.  The more I think about this, the happier I am that I have been and am doing business with VSA.  I don't know of another speaker company that would go to these lengths, on their own, to assure such a perfect paint job.  Its true that I have to wait a bit longer, but in the grand scheme of things, I know I can trust VSA to give me a great product.

So I assume they were built on the west coast, then shipped to the east coast for paint, then back to the west coast to be completed, and finally delivered to Denver.
That's a huge carbon foot print!