Two Annies

JackD201

Two Annies
« on: 29 Mar 2014, 08:22 am »
Next month I'll be setting up two systems built around VR-5 Anniversary Editions. This is one of my favourite loudspeakers EVER. I like it so much I gave my own Dad a pair when he retired from full time work. We've set up quite a few but never two at the same time. This should make it very interesting.

The first is for an open plan space and will be partnered with KR tube electronics and Kubala-Sosna cabling. The second will be in a dedicated room and partnered with HEGEL solid state and Jorma cabling. In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE setting up and tuning systems. It's like doing a huge 3-D puzzle but this time I'll be doing two!  :thumb:

Delacroix

Re: Two Annies
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2014, 01:21 pm »
Jack -- keep us posted and do post pics!  I am still trying to understand just what the Anni upgrades are giving me after a couple of months -- but like most folks here, I am just enjoying the music.

htradtk

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2014, 01:53 pm »
Hi Jack,

Can't wait to see you pics! I absolutely LOVE my Annie's ever since 2008 when I purchased them, in October 2012, I had them upgraded to MKII status and can't believe they could ever be improved! Congrats to Albert and company for creating such a great speaker system!

Henry

gammajo

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2014, 01:39 pm »
Also love my Annie Mk2's. They just keep getting better as I improve the rest of the system, such as adding all Masterbuilt Signature wire with an Ultra as my only IC. The loom now has a few hundred hours on it and the Annies are singing with a new realism that is jaw dropping in excitement, quiet, and natural liquidity. Jack, love to hear your impression (PM) of the Hegel. I heard the H30 with Tidal speakers recently.