Bryston and PMC Owners Club Get Together April 12th + 10% OFF!

Vipers

Hi Everyone,

I can’t believe it was a year ago that we held the first Bryston & PMC owners club here at HiFi Lounge which turned out to be a very successful day and great fun so I am pleased to announce that we are going to do it all again this year on April 12th in conjunction with Bryston and PMC, fancy coming out James :wink:

What will make this event very special will be that we will be showcasing the brand new PMC Twenty.26 speaker which will now sit at the top of the very successful PMC Twenty range. If you didn’t make the trip to Bristol for the HiFi show in February where they were launched, which unfortunately I didn’t, then this will be the perfect opportunity to hear the new Twenty.26 which I have heard extremely positive things about from anyone who did hear them at Bristol, in fact the feedback has been so good that I ordered a pair for myself for home, without even hearing them, something I never thought I’d do, but PMC have never let me down yet :)

Along with Tom Barron, who many of you will know, Peter Thomas, the co-founder and chief designer at PMC, will be coming along as he did last year to chat and answer any questions you may have regarding all things PMC and Bryston, for those of you who met him last year will know Pete is an extremely easy going guy who is happy to answer any questions.

As we did last year, as a special one day only promotion, we will be offering 10% off any Bryston or PMC products bought on the day, including on the new Twenty.26 so certainly an offer not to miss.

So the plan is to have the Twenty.26’s running in our upstairs demo room driven by either the Bryston 4B SST2 or the 7B SST2's, using the BDP-2 and BDA-2 combo as the source playing a selection of 16bit and 24bit music, running through the SP3 processor and if anyone wants to hear any vinyl we can use our Michell Orbe. Downstairs will be a smaller system comprising of the PMC Twenty.23’s with a Bryston B135 SST2 integrated amp and not to forget that in our headphone room we will have the reference Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp, paired with the BDA-1 DAC and BCD-1 Cd player with a selection of the best headphones available today, so plenty of PMC and Bryston fun to be had for all the family :)

We will also have food and drink available throughout the day so there is no reason to go anywhere else other than to come to HiFi Lounge on April 12th, don’t worry if you are not a PMC or Bryston owner please feel free to come along anyway, as long as you are a music lover you are more than welcome.

If you’ve got any questions regarding the day please feel free to get in touch.

Hope to see as many fellow Bryston and PMC enthusiasts as possible on April 12th to help make the 2nd Bryston/PMC Owners Club get together as memorable at the first meeting last year.

Please see a selection of Pictures what we will be showcasing on April 12th -

Hear the Stunning New PMC Twenty.26 Speakers.

Come and Meet Mr PMC, Pete Thomas.

Powered By Bryston Power.

All through the Bryston SP3 Processor.

Using the Bryston BDP-2/BDA-2 Combo as the source.

See you on April 12th,

Cheers,

Paul.

Vipers

Hi All,

It was 6pm last night and I was about to leave for the the day when Brian, the PMC driver, turned up with a very nice surprise, a pair of brand spanking new Twenty.26’s, obviously the thoughts of an early finish disappeared as I stayed long into the evening to get them unboxed and to give them a good listen.

Well they certainly feel like a Twenty speaker on steroids from the size of box, to the plinth, the cabinet, even the grills are thicker to accommodate the protruding mid range, and they weigh a fair bit also, I listened to them last night for an hour or so, driven by the Devialet 170 and they seem to be everything I’d hoped for, fantastic Twenty clarity with real bass presence and a very natural sounding mid, obviously they are a bit tight at the moment so I’ll move them upstairs later and run them for a few days and get some Bryston power running through their veins, that should free them up nicely in readiness for our Bryston and PMC open day on April 12th.

It just dawned on my that my next weeks work is listening to the Twenty.26’s at volume to get them run in ready for the event, it’s a tough life :) Got Daft Punk’s ‘Random Access Memories’ playing at the moment and they really do sound fantastic.

Here are a few pics, not the best quality admittedly -

Hope to see you on April 12th,

Cheers,
Paul.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Looks great Paul !!!

james

Vipers

Thanks James :)

Busy setting up for tomorrow's PMC & Bryston Open Day!

Hi All,

Just thought I’d take a quick break from setting up for tomorrow’s PMC and Bryston open day to blog a quick update.

We are expecting things to kick off around 10’ish although I will be here from 8am onwards so feel free to come in anytime, Tom Barron is getting here early and Peter Thomas will be arriving during the morning. So in the downstairs demo room we will be running the Twenty.24’s powered by a Bryston B135 SST2. For the main event upstairs we will be running the brand new Twenty.26’s driven by Bryston 7B SST2's, BDP-2/BDA-2 all going through the SP3, please feel free to bring any music along that you’d like to try.

We have been running the Twenty.26’s since we got them last week and they are now starting to free up nicely, I had been running them on our new Devialet 240 for the last week which sounded brilliant but yesterday I started running them on the Bryston rig, I didn’t think that they could sound any better to be honest but with Bryston behind them they really do come into their own.

After listening to the Twenty.26’s now for a week or so I really can’t sing their praises high enough, I know I am a bit of a PMC fan, unashamedly, but these are a very special speaker, the thing that strikes you with the 26’s is the overall balance, they just create a picture where nothing overpowers or dominates with great detail, stunning mid and a powerful but controlled bottom end, in my opinion they are a clear upgrade from the OB1i, even the PB1i, I really don’t know how PMC do it.

Anyway really looking forward to tomorrow so I can spend all day listening to them :)

PMC have very kindly laid on some Goodie Bags, so why not come over in the morning to join us for a coffee and and a croissant, more food will be available around lunchtime, I think Ocado laid on a special van for us yesterday with the amount of food that turned up, Wendy has only got 6 loafs of bread to butter and fill, so plenty to go round :)

Finally don’t forget that we will be offering 10% off tomorrow on any PMC or Bryston products bought on the day, certainly not to be sniffed at.

Anyway back to setting up and carrying on running in those twenty.26’s, its a tough job :)

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Cheers,

Paul.

Vipers

Hi All,

Both Wendy and myself just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who came along yesterdays to the 2nd annual PMC and Bryston Open day, we had an amazing turnout with guys and gals coming from all over the country which I find quite astonishing, we really do appreciate everyone’s efforts as the whole point of these events are to have fun and almost make it like a big HiFi social club and this just wouldn’t be possible without everyones support, so again, a big thank you :-)

Another huge thank you must go to Tom Barron and also Pete Thomas from PMC who both stayed all day and really helped the day go off so smoothly and helped make it a lot of fun, these guys are just a pleasure to be around, also to Rachel and Keith at PMC for organising the Goodie bags that went down a real treat :-) Really both Wendy and myself would like to say a big thanks to PMC in general for all their efforts and support since we launched as it really has made a big difference.

I guess the stars of the day though were certainly the new Twenty.26’s, I have been blown away by these speakers since I first heard them so it was great for others to get a chance to listen and needless to say they got nothing but fantastic feedback from absolutely everyone, PMC make amazing speakers, we all know that, but these new Twenty.26’s really are something quite special and are quite impossible to fault, after Tom giving them a good workout yesterday they are most certainly well run in now so if anyone would like to come in for a listen at anytime please feel free.

So thanks to everyone again and roll on the 3rd Annual PMC and Bryston Open Day, I wonder what new goodies PMC or Bryston will have for us for that one :-)

Cheers,

Paul & Wendy.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Hi All,

Both Wendy and myself just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who came along yesterdays to the 2nd annual PMC and Bryston Open day, we had an amazing turnout with guys and gals coming from all over the country which I find quite astonishing, we really do appreciate everyone’s efforts as the whole point of these events are to have fun and almost make it like a big HiFi social club and this just wouldn’t be possible without everyones support, so again, a big thank you :-)

Another huge thank you must go to Tom Barron and also Pete Thomas from PMC who both stayed all day and really helped the day go off so smoothly and helped make it a lot of fun, these guys are just a pleasure to be around, also to Rachel and Keith at PMC for organising the Goodie bags that went down a real treat :-) Really both Wendy and myself would like to say a big thanks to PMC in general for all their efforts and support since we launched as it really has made a big difference.

I guess the stars of the day though were certainly the new Twenty.26’s, I have been blown away by these speakers since I first heard them so it was great for others to get a chance to listen and needless to say they got nothing but fantastic feedback from absolutely everyone, PMC make amazing speakers, we all know that, but these new Twenty.26’s really are something quite special and are quite impossible to fault, after Tom giving them a good workout yesterday they are most certainly well run in now so if anyone would like to come in for a listen at anytime please feel free.

So thanks to everyone again and roll on the 3rd Annual PMC and Bryston Open Day, I wonder what new goodies PMC or Bryston will have for us for that one :-)

Cheers,

Paul & Wendy.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james

Alpha10

It was a great day as ever Paul, good to see so many of the regular UK Bryston/PMC owners!

I was very impressed with the new 20-26's on the end of the 7BSST2's, how they get such deep and controlled bass from little cabinets is remarkable.

A special thanks has to go to Wendy for a second year in a row for feeding myself and Dave cups of tea to combat our hangovers....

Cheers
PS I didn't grab a goodie bag, do you have any left?

saveloy

Yep, as always it was a fun day.  Well done to the both of you.  Everything ran smoothly & Wendy kept me full of coffee. 

I left with the ultimate satisfaction tool.

Kyri