Khartago Kismet Reference + Wireworld Oasis 7 Bi-wire = Excellent!

Chops

This is going to be a fun and interesting next few months. Not only will I be hearing the wonderful creation of Klaus' handy work going through its various stages of breaking in, but also those of a pair of equally wonderful speaker cables. The amp is built like a tank and the cables like a brick shipyard. LOL

Something I have already noticed in the past couple hours of this combo is that there's more energy in the sound. There's more impact, more immediacy, more "snap" to the music. And keep in mind, this is ALL at low volume as the kids have been in bed ever since I connected the amp. Plus, being that the amp is brand new, I'm not going to be pushing it hard at all for a while. Even then, I live in an apartment, so this amp is never going to be pushed hard anyway.

Anywho, on to some quick phone pics until I can get the "real" camera out tomorrow for some good shots.

firedog

Looks great! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
BTW, I made a special request to have Klaus break mine in for about a week before shipping, and it sounded great from day 1. I didn't notice a huge improvement over time, just continued good performance.

I agree with your characterization that the amp sounds "immediate" and with "snap" - more alive than lots of other amps.

Chops

Thanks for the compliment! It is a great amp, and it's bigger than I was expecting. It also sounds great already. If it does in fact improve considerably like Klaus and everyone else says, I'm going to be in for a real treat once it's totally run in. Then again, the Wireworld speaker cables have got to be adding to this improved sound as well.

I never did get around to pulling out the "real" camera, but that didn't stop me from shooting some better pics with my iPhone today.  :green:

marflao

Very nice ..and Congratulations again.

I received my Cyclops end of January and enyoing it a lot.
Tbh..I can´t really hear a difference that he evolves through the various breaking in stages. I second firedog´s comment that he sounds good from day one :-)

Have you already looked "under the hood"? If not, it´s worth a look. :-)

Cheers,
marflao

Chops

Very nice ..and Congratulations again.

I received my Cyclops end of January and enyoing it a lot.
Tbh..I can´t really hear a difference that he evolves through the various breaking in stages. I second firedog´s comment that he sounds good from day one :-)

Have you already looked "under the hood"? If not, it´s worth a look. :-)

Cheers,
marflao

I also tend to agree with the both of you. I haven't heard any real changes in sound over the past few days, that's including the Wireworld speaker cables as well. The only major differences I heard was when I originally changed out the speaker cables on the old Dayton amp, then later that night switching from the Dayton amp to the Kismet. Since then, not so much. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I haven't looked "under the hood" yet as I got it all hooked up as soon as I could. I may or may not shut it down and look in there today. I'm just too busy relaxing for once and listening to music.  8)

Chops

Since I have my "big" camera all charged and set up, I decided to go ahead and shut down the amp so I could open it up and take some internal pics. Well, I shut it down, disconnect all the cables, flip it over and get out my US and Metric allen key sets, and... Nothing...

I have no clue what size allen key those small socket head screws take. I know it's nothing that I have. Nothing fits. So, so much for that. Back into the system the amp went. That really bummed me out.

marflao

Since I have my "big" camera all charged and set up, I decided to go ahead and shut down the amp so I could open it up and take some internal pics. Well, I shut it down, disconnect all the cables, flip it over and get out my US and Metric allen key sets, and... Nothing...

I have no clue what size allen key those small socket head screws take. I know it's nothing that I have. Nothing fits. So, so much for that. Back into the system the amp went. That really bummed me out.

I was in the same situation since I don't have any US allen key set and none of my metric had fit.
So I used a pair of pliers instead. If you carefully use them there won't damage the screw (or the case).

It still puzzles me that none of your US allen keys fit. I thought a 1/8 or 5/32 would do the "job"  since my 3mm was to small and the 4mm too big?!

Maybe they are special "made-by-Klaus-sonic-little-wonder-screws" ;-)

Chops

I was in the same situation since I don't have any US allen key set and none of my metric had fit.
So I used a pair of pliers instead. If you carefully use them there won't damage the screw (or the case).

It still puzzles me that none of your US allen keys fit. I thought a 1/8 or 5/32 would do the "job"  since my 3mm was to small and the 4mm too big?!

I don't know. I don't have the need to get into this amp that badly, so I'm definitely not using pliers on the screw heads.

Chops

And finally, some good pics!

Oystein

As I also had only metric sizes allen keys I could use a Torx head which fits nicely in the head of the allen bolts.
If I remember correct I used T25 but just use the biggest size which fits and you are o.k.

marflao

As I also had only metric sizes allen keys I could use a Torx head which fits nicely in the head of the allen bolts.
If I remember correct I used T25 but just use the biggest size which fits and you are o.k.

...another solution ;-)

firedog

I have an email from Klaus saying the key needed is a 8/32

marflao

I have an email from Klaus saying the key needed is a 8/32

Hmmm...that would be a 6 something in metric for the key... this is too big...maybe he is more referring to the diameter of the screw???

marflao

Guess I was mistaken to convert from 8/32 in mm.

The 8-32 is the thread size and not the corresponding wrench size.

Based on this http://www.amazonsupply.com/socket-internal-threaded-threads-imported/dp/B00598CZNS the corresponding hex wrench should be 9/64.

firedog

...another solution ;-)
I used  a T20

firedog

Guess I was mistaken to convert from 8/32 in mm.

The 8-32 is the thread size and not the corresponding wrench size.

Based on this http://www.amazonsupply.com/socket-internal-threaded-threads-imported/dp/B00598CZNS the corresponding hex wrench should be 9/64.

So now  I'm confused. You need either a 8/32 allen wrench (for internal) or 9/64 hex?

marflao

hmmm...I was referring to an Allen wrench (or also called hex key if I´m not mistaken) which fit in those small socket head screws at the bottom of the case.

Since my metric ones were either to small (3mm) or too big (4mm) the US allen key must be in between.
Long story short: if I understand it correctly from the link I posted the corresponding Allen key for those kind of screws should be a 9/64 one.

But maybe I´m wrong!?!
I´ll borrow a set of US size keys from a friend next week then I´ll know for sure ;-)

germay0653

CHOPS,

You should be able to find something that fits where you work.  I know, I've been there many times and they should carry whatever you need.

Chops

Thanks for all the talk on screw sizes and such, but I'm not too concerned about it. I've just had this amp running constantly since I got it along with the WW speaker cables and I'm really loving what I'm hearing these days.

This combination makes my speakers sound much larger than they are... And they're big speakers!

The entire sound is so much bigger and fuller sounding, really making these speakers shine as they should. Now I'm really seeing what these speakers can do, and it's ALL great! Also, it now sounds like those 10" side firing woofers are more like massive ultra high-end 15" drivers with the speed and agility of a top end 7" driver!

The bass drums in Bernstein's Chichester Psalms are just massive sounding, cathedral filling with loads of meat and heft. Instant attack and control throughout with perfect, detailed decay. I have owned this disc for years, listened to it on quite a few past systems with about a half dozen different quality subwoofers (B&W, VMPS, Carver Sunfire, Paradigm, Velodyne, M&K, SVS - all multi-driver subs), and none of them did what I am hearing right now in this system as I write this.

I'm totally amazed at what a top quality amplifier with tons of current and power reserves can do with pair of  really good, capable speakers.

At this point and time, I don't care about looking inside the amp. I just want to sit and listen.  :green:

Klaus, you are THEE MAN!  :thumb: :thumb:

snapple10

Nice set up!!