RAM Signature CD-25 Status?

Grover

« on: 15 Aug 2004, 04:40 am »
Hi Bill:

I can't find any reference to your RAM Signature CD-25 on your website.  Did I just miss it, or is this player no longer offered by you?

mattybumpkin

RAM CD25
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2004, 10:07 am »
Grover,

I don't think RAM offers it anymore, I think it is now only offered by Modwright directly.  If I am wrong Bill, please correct me.

Regards,

Matty

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2004, 03:13 pm »
Actually, I am bringing it back this fall after resourcing from another location. I am looking to bring these stock players in from the Usher Audio lineup. The reason for taking it off the website was due to the low cost the Music Hall CD25 player can be found for on AudioGon and from other dealers.
 You can pick these up at very good prices now and have them sent in to Modwright for the RAM modifications. They will be released again under another smaller production run later this fall. I will post this on my website (and here) and start taking orders when our inventory comes in.
 Here is a link to the webpage for these units.

http://www.responseaudio.com/RAM%20cd25.htm

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2004, 03:39 pm »
As an owner of the RAM player, I have to say that I'm EXTREMELY happy with the performance of this player and the first class customer service of Response and Modwright.  I'd recommend this player to anyone in the market for a great sounding CDP.  This CD player was probably the primary reason I sold my vinyl setup.  It sounds extremely detailed, smooth and analog.  There is absolutely no background noise, excellent bass and the workmanship is first rate.  

I haven't done any side by side comparisons but I'll say that it's more enjoyable than any other players I have owned or heard in my system.  I'm still using the stock tubes but hope to do some tube rolling after I get my soon to be shipped back to AVA for Rev 5 upgrades amp back from Van Alstine.  

Hey, when is that show-room opening in the Chicago area?  I'm looking forward to checking out my Response gear.

Thanks!

J

mattybumpkin

RAM CD25
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2004, 04:20 pm »
I completely agree with Jackman, not only a great player but great people supporting a great player.

Jackman, I am told that the Amperex PQ 7119 white label tubes are a tube to try in the player.

Regards,

Matty

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2004, 05:10 pm »
Hey, when is that show-room opening in the Chicago area? I'm looking forward to checking out my Response gear.

We are slowly getting product in the location. It is a slow process as we are trying to figure out what type of market the area would like to see, at least in the beginning. High power tubes? SET? Budget price points? ETC!!!!.
  It is digfficult to have on display everything we offer as there are so many variable in the custom modifications that have become so popular over the past year or so. Most of my work is now done on a custom one-on-one basis.

If there is a particular product line that any interested parties would be interested in auditioning........I am all ears. We will soon have some of our Statement Series Usher modified speakers available for audtion.

Jackman and MattyB:
  Thank you for the kind words in regard to the RAM CD25. I am glad to hear that you are happy with this player. It is this type of feedback that we received from all of our RAM customers that encouraged us to take it to new levels.

Grover

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2004, 06:37 pm »
Thanks Bill and others for the update and thoughts on this player.  

I purchased what would be considered a "competitor" to the RAM CD-25, being that mine is also a tube modified unit.  This was about six months prior to the RAM CD-25 hitting the market.  I've frequently had the feeling of, "if I had only known I might have waited".  

My main system goal right now is to try and increase the detail, dynamics and musical involvement at low volume levels.  This will probably require a whole system changeover, and in fact, changing my preamp helped.  But after reading the technical notes and white paper on the RAM CD player, I'm thinking this would be a good fit for me,  and better than my current player which seems to become a bit opaque at low levels.  But in it's defense, sounds liquid and dynamic at just about the level where my wife says, "can you turn that down a bit please."

I'll keep an eye out on your website for future announcements.