Bp26 is 9 years old?

95Dyna

Re: Bp26 is 9 years old?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2014, 10:11 pm »
I'll be ordering a BHA-1 sometime this year and would like to have a fixed level balanced output to go balanced from BP26>BHA-1>Audeze LCD-3. Other than that I wouldn't part with the BP26 as I am an old school hardboiled analog 2 channel stereo guy.  For this purpose the BP26 could be the poster child.

The BP26 also helps keep me in shape having to get up off my duff to reverse polarity.   :P
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2014, 03:07 am by 95Dyna »

spinner

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm »
I'll be ordering a BHA-1 sometime this year and would like to have a fixed level balanced output to go balanced from BHA-1>BP26>Audeze LCD-3. Other than that I wouldn't part with the BP26 as I am an old school hardboiled analog 2 channel stereo guy.  For this purpose the BP26 could be the poster child.

The BP26 also helps keep me in shape having to get up off my duff to reverse polarity.   :P
   good point, keep that heart working   LOL

Simm

« Reply #22 on: 1 Mar 2014, 12:15 am »
As I wrote previously:

"I would like to see a new Bryston Preamp (BP 27?) with the following minimum features: balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs; remote to include: balance, phase, volume, mute; a display screen to show volume, balance, input, etc., dimmable; latest analog circuitry; external power supply; expandable to allow inclusion of Phono Preamp or DAC within the main unit. Something of this caliber is needed to pair up with the 28BSST2."

As I understand it, the SP 3 has some improvements over the analog circuitry of the BP 3. Those improvements plus others could be used to surpass the already high quality of the BP 26.

RonCH

« Reply #23 on: 1 Mar 2014, 08:35 am »
Have you considered different interconnects?

Bud
Yes and I'm using Bryston's.  The problem is from the preamp to the power amps.  As a work around I have turned the gain down on the power amps and the noise isn't noticeable. 

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #24 on: 1 Mar 2014, 11:39 am »

From James comment
"" if we can beat the analog performance of the BP 26 we will certainly move in that direction but other than adding specific features so far that has not happened based on our research.

I agree some folks want pass through, front panel display  etc. but that is not a reason to change the BP26.  I think a better idea would be a new preamp that would not replace the BP26 but would add options and of course would cost more for those additional features if customers needed them in their system.
James""

Absolutely. All those options do nothing for two channel performance
(except maybe the source selection on remote.)
Since my BP-26 is a foot away from my left hand I do not use the remote anyway...

Me? I still want a separate tone control box powered by the BP-26 power supply. Similarr in size to the headphone box and the phono box. With lots of options for adjusting the tone.. Treble mirange and bass knobs (switches to put in or take out each section of devices inside case), at least two separate parametric devices, plus a couple of adjustable shelving dodads plus an scaleable loudness contour. (I already know this is not gonna happen, but just letting you know what "I" want more than anything else from Bryston.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #25 on: 1 Mar 2014, 06:48 pm »
Elizabeth,

do you have an external d/a converter in your system?

al.