XR25 questions

GUNN

XR25 questions
« on: 14 Aug 2004, 09:19 am »
I was wondering if the speakers outs for the front could be used along with the analog outs going to another amp at the same time. What I want to do is bi-amp my two front speakers, highs coming from the XR-25's amp section and the sub/mid bass going out from analog outs into a ZR1600. Is this a possibility or does the use of one shut off the other?

Another thing I would like to know is if the crossover for the XR25 is done in the digital domain? From what I have gathered, is it a 12 db per octave slope? Just don't know if it's implemented in analog or digital.

Thanks for any input guys...

Wayne1

XR25 questions
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2004, 01:31 pm »
While you could certainly do this, you would have no control over the volume of the line level outputs from the SA-XR25. The output is fixed, not variable.

The only way to passively bi-amp with the SA-XR25 is to use the front and surround speaker outputs in party mode. Make sure you reverse L & R with the surround outputs.

There are no specifications given for the crossover slopes for the subwoofer output. The crossover is implemented in digital domain.

azryan

XR25 questions
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2004, 03:56 pm »
Accordingto S&V mag's lab test Dec. 2003 the sub out is 18db per octave above -6db roll off of 100Hz.

High Pass is 12db per octave below -3db roll off of 122Hz.

Max unclipped output is 5.6V

THD+N w/ worst case signal is 1.1%

Says same for digital and analog stereo and 'none' for analog multi chan inputs.

I assume the XR 45 is the same too. I own both.