AvP

bubba966

AvP
« on: 13 Aug 2004, 09:49 am »
Just got back from the midnighter of AvP.

Something about the whole film felt... off. I don't know if it was the script, or the choices made concerning the actors.

Overall it wasn't terrible. Woulda been a lot better if it didn't get cheesy/sappy towards the end.

:(

DeadFish

AvP
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2004, 11:25 am »
I was worried when there was an 'infomercial' last nite on the toob, that they thought that they needed one for the movie.
Probably already saw the best parts, but I'll go for the 'gotcha's and pulse racing.
Thanks for the shortform review.
Regards,
DeadFish

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
AvP
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2004, 09:07 pm »
So far all the reviews I've read rate it between 1/2 and 1 & 1/2 stars.  Not looking too good.  I may have to wait til it hits the cheap theater- it sucks to shell out $7.50 only to be confronted by 90 minutes of suck.

bubba966

AvP
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2004, 09:18 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I may have to wait til it hits the cheap theater- it sucks to shell out $7.50 only to be confronted by 90 minutes of suck.

Not a bad idea. I saw it for free, and am glad I didn't pay the $9 for the ticket.

Second run ticket price should be fine to pay to see AvP.

And at least the middle 20 minutes or so doesn't suck so bad...

SteveRB

AvP
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2004, 12:04 am »
when i started watching it i totally forgot the it is an alien movie, which means "girl-hero"... ... which can be cool (ex. resident evil) but in this case she had zero screen presence. and quite frankly sigorny weaver wouldn't have fallen in love with the predator... seemed like a romantic comedy more than anything.

Ears

AvP
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2004, 04:25 pm »
My official opinion of this movie is "It sucks ass", and even if it didn't, it was way too dark to see anything in the action scenes.

Maybe the dvd with 20-30 more minutes will be more entertaining than this rediculous studio cut.....not  :lol:

ampgalore

AvP
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2004, 07:17 pm »
The movie was a bit too dark, couldn't see the actions sequences too clearly.

Spoiler alert

But that last scene, that baby alien popping through the predator's chest, definite potentials there! :lol: