DT1350 Beyerdynamic headphones ....I love new toys!

Russell Dawkins

Re: DT1350 Beyerdynamic headphones ....I love new toys!
« Reply #60 on: 25 Mar 2014, 11:58 pm »
They are showing a price of $299 on the Razordog site. Others, like Amazon and B&H Photo sell them for $179. Is there a reason you went with Razordog?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #61 on: 4 Apr 2014, 08:36 pm »
I just looked on Amazon and they are $264 and $289 on the US site a few moments ago.

The t50ps are a lot less on Amazon.

When I purchased RazorDog was the only source that I knew for sure that had the new facelift versions.

Alex

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #62 on: 4 Apr 2014, 08:51 pm »
I found the same thing, to my dismay. I had to return my pair to NCIX in Canada when I discovered the subtle sound of voice coil rub in the left transducer. A little more careful analysis with a swept mono sine wave uncovered a poor left/right tracking, too, evidenced by the signal veering strongly off to the left at high and low frequencies. The mid range stayed centered, though.
After I returned them for replacement (because I really do like the fundamental sound and the configuration is very hard to substitute with another brand or model) I found out that they were sold out of both versions of the 1350 - coiled and straight cord.
I accepted a refund, and now have to buy a pair through some US outlet. When I checked, I found to my disappointment that the selling price had risen $100, so I will wait for it to come back down.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #63 on: 11 Apr 2014, 08:00 am »
I might take you up on this if I lived in the States; unfortunately I live in Victoria BC, Canada. This probably complicates things too much.

The box is small enough that it could go US mail, though, I think - which is much simpler and cheaper than UPS or Fedex as there is no malarkey with brokerage fees and the like. US post just links with Canada post and they bring it to your door. We should take this off line.
Russell

ajzepp

« Reply #64 on: 12 Apr 2014, 02:16 am »
I guess you didn't pick up on the hint Ed gave earlier in the thread, but how bout if you post this stuff in the 1350 thread that you already started instead of continuing to hijack Ed's.  :roll:

ajzepp

« Reply #65 on: 12 Apr 2014, 02:48 am »
Instead of being so hostile why don't you tell the mods to move my post. That way you wouldn't be perceived as being so self-centered when you should focus on being helpful.

Wasn't meant to be hostile at all, Dale. I only just now saw that you already started a 1350 thread. Just lookin' out for my boy Edwardo.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #66 on: 17 Apr 2014, 08:59 pm »
Well I tried, but I've given up. Now I have a better idea as to what I want in a headphone... open back fitting over the ear with a long cable so I can sit in my big comfortable chair across the room. In any case, if anyone is interested, mine are up for grabs posted in the classifieds...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125322.msg1321017#new

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #67 on: 18 Apr 2014, 04:57 am »
Well I tried, but I've given up. Now I have a better idea as to what I want in a headphone... open back fitting over the ear with a long cable so I can sit in my big comfortable chair across the room. In any case, if anyone is interested, mine are up for grabs posted in the classifieds...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125322.msg1321017#new
Bummer  Wind Chaser what are you thinking about next? or did you mention that already somewhere? let me know I'd be interested....hang in there.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #68 on: 18 Apr 2014, 06:15 am »
I'm going to sit tight for the time being. I'd like to hear the T90 and T1 etc but I won't buy before I try, which means a trip to the big city 5 hours away.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #69 on: 16 Jan 2019, 02:31 am »
Well.....I have had these 1350's now for almost 5 years!!!

They have been sitting here mostly unused for years as other Beyers, LCD. Grados have come thru the door...

So tonight for some reason I said "hey self..you never have tried these 80 ohm cans with your Bottlehead Mainline!:...."

So here I am listening with themonce again and boy what a nice homecoming!

They are working so very well with the Mainline on low impedance setting....

Wow the bass from these "tiny" things are just awesome.

Here is a review from the wayback machine:

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/beyer/dt-1350.htm#rex

Comparing these to HD 800's, Stax, and others!!!

Ha!

Great set of cans..

Alex

ajzepp

« Reply #70 on: 16 Jan 2019, 08:02 am »
Still rockin' mine, as well. And I agree, they still sound fantastic

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #71 on: 16 Jan 2019, 08:34 am »

Here is a review from the wayback machine:

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/beyer/dt-1350.htm#rex

Ken Rockwell, like some others at the time, made the mistake of saying (in "Mechanical quality") that the ear cups were plastic. They are metal, which may be part of the reason for the great ambient sound isolation.